Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up all, I have a '98 Cobra with twin 61's on it, currently tuned with a Diablo chip, and as far as fuel system, it runs a single Ford GT pump with a boost a pump, 60lb. Injectors, (and meth injection if that matters) and it made 547rwhp at 11psi on pump gas.

I'd like to run somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pounds, to get the car in the mid 600's, but I also want to get a better engine management system before I do so to keep everything really safe. So here are my questions:

Is my fuel system good for my power goal? If not, what would be the next step in fuel pump without going too crazy?

Secondly, I'd like to run an AEM ems because I know a tuner somewhat local that is an absolute genius with them. Do they make them for a 96-98 Cobra? I've heard you can run one, but you have to get creative with the crank trigger, coils, etc to make it work.

If not the AEM, any other recommendations on engine management? Drivability is as important if not more important than max HP numbers. One last question, the car currently does not have a bov, so would you guys recommend one? It is a blow through mas, so best place would be right after the intercooler, before the mas?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up all, I have a '98 Cobra with twin 61's on it, currently tuned with a Diablo chip, and as far as fuel system, it runs a single Ford GT pump with a boost a pump, 60lb. Injectors, (and meth injection if that matters) and it made 547rwhp at 11psi on pump gas.

I'd like to run somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pounds, to get the car in the mid 600's, but I also want to get a better engine management system before I do so to keep everything really safe. So here are my questions:

Is my fuel system good for my power goal? If not, what would be the next step in fuel pump without going too crazy?

Secondly, I'd like to run an AEM ems because I know a tuner somewhat local that is an absolute genius with them. Do they make them for a 96-98 Cobra? I've heard you can run one, but you have to get creative with the crank trigger, coils, etc to make it work.

If not the AEM, any other recommendations on engine management? Drivability is as important if not more important than max HP numbers. One last question, the car currently does not have a bov, so would you guys recommend one? I is a blow through mas, so beat place would be right after the intercooler, before the mas?

Thanks a bunch!
Sounds like you have a decent setup. The 60lbs injectors will be pretty close to maxing out at say 660whp, I would run 80lbs and twin 340lph pumps and ditch the meth. You will be safe running 15psi on pump as long as your tune-up is on point. As for the AEM they dont make PnP for any mod motors. We currently are running an AEM box on our 1100whp mod powered X275 car but its a custom deal, custom coils and factory triggers. Big Stuff 3 makes a ecu that will support the mod motor but it is not a PnP. Dont let that scare you it can be done.You definitely need bov's your killing those turbos and yes place it before the maf. Let me know if you have anymore questions

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have a decent setup. The 60lbs injectors will be pretty close to maxing out at say 660whp, I would run 80lbs and twin 340lph pumps and ditch the meth. You will be safe running 15psi on pump as long as your tune-up is on point. As for the AEM they dont make PnP for any mod motors. We currently are running an AEM box on our 1100whp mod powered X275 car but its a custom deal, custom coils and factory triggers. Big Stuff 3 makes a ecu that will support the mod motor but it is not a PnP. Dont let that scare you it can be done.You definitely need bov's your killing those turbos and yes place it before the maf. Let me know if you have anymore questions
Awesome man thank you, I think you pretty much summed it up. Any recommendation on bov?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts