Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, SO FRUSTRATED

my turn signal lights worked then i took out my dash while i redid my car. Now my turn signal lights don't work. my hazards do however. Also when i turn my rear defroster on i blow the fuse. i am getting power to the orange and yellow wire on the multi function m/f switch. i bought a m/f switch and borrowed two of my friends m/f switches and it still isn't working. i jumped the orange and yellow wire to other wires on that switch and they work that way. The only thing i did is i spliced the hazard switch wires because they popped out of my other hazard switch but all of the wires match up. i checked all the wires at the back of the m/f switch and they are secure. the flashers work too as i tested them.

I've also done this check list below and everything worked and it says i should get a new switch, but as i previously mentioned it tested three switches. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

1. Check fuse 5 (15A) (OK=next, NOK=replace fuse or tracing to power distribution point would be required if voltage is not present) if you don't have the fuse box layout use this one.
2. Check 12v at turn signal flasher (Pnk/Org wire) (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
3. Do the same at for the Lt Blue wire @flash er (OK=next, NOK=replace flasher)
4. Check 12v in the Lt Blu wire @hazard switch connector(OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
5. Check 12v in the Org/Yel wire @hazard switch connector (OK=next, NOK=replace hazard switch)
6. Do the same check for the same wire @the m-f switch connector (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
7. Check 12v in the Lt Grn/Org wire @the m-f switch w/m-f switch left turn-signal position.(OK=trace wires going to the turn lamps/indicator, NOK=replace m-f switch)

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
you have a short

defroster should not blow

you likely pinched a wire in the dash job

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the fuse issue fixed. Still not getting the turn signals to work. i also changed the ignition switch and that didn't fix it either. anything??

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
what was the fuse issue?

what wiring diagram are you using?

will need that to trouble shoot the turn signal

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuse issue was the defroster box was tucked behind and touching metal.

The only thing i did was my hazard switch the pins were pulling out and i got a new switch. the wires are lined up however. i am so confused. The MF switch is getting power and if i jump it the turn signals work.

I just bought a 4th MF switch and it is new. it still doesn't work so i can eliminate the switch. Is there anything else that completes the circuit or if something was unplugged that would cause it to not work?

Could a faulty hazard switch be the issue?

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
which wiring diagram are you using?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i figured it out. the orange yellow wire came out and i put it in the wrong socket. Now it works. Thanks again for your assistance.

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
it was all you

glad you got it figured out

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Good info. Thanks for this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts