Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I Wanna Se eSome Better Pics of That intake, Like What underneath the Lid? wheres The Air Inlet, TB . . .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Doggone will be setting up a website this week and will have alot of pictures, including some of the intake. Sorry that we don't have more ready now.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: HOLY S**T!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Nice, VERY Nice!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
man, i've got all the dfwstangs people chimin in here. hahahahahah. again, THAT IS A CLEAN CAR. i love the stock look with that insane power. awesome car. i hope you are at ffw houston so i can see it.

marcus

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know about FFW in Houston yet

I hope to be at the event in Houston, but I have to work Saturday. I may have someone bring the car and tech it in, then get there during qualifying. Hope to be there

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tim,
Very nice set up.

Btw how stretable is that set up? and if it's not streetable what would it take to make it street worthy?

Makes me want to sell my 89lx and build up my 01 Cobra like yours sweet!

Mike89lx,01 Cobra

·
Registered
742 Posts
Re: Don't know about FFW in Houston yet

DOHC 90LX said:
I hope to be at the event in Houston, but I have to work Saturday. I may have someone bring the car and tech it in, then get there during qualifying. Hope to be there
Shoot me an email if you are going to make it out there Tim so I can be sure to look out for you. Not that I'd miss seeing your car going down the track :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very, VERY NICE!! I love the attention to detail that you took.

Is your exhaust running into the fender, then under the k-member and over the a-arm and then down past the transmission? Or are you just running a muffler in the fender and dumping it?

Excellent job and congrats on the killer times!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The car is very streetable, but boost will not come on real quick, too big of a turbo. I would not go over a PT-88 for street and really a 66-76 would be best for a VERY fast street car.

The exhaust goes into the fender, around to the front of the car, over the lower core support turns and goes between k member and a arm then dumps behind the a arm. It has special notching to clear the a arm to prevent any possible binding under deceleration or too high of a wheel stand.

Thanks for the compliments!

Nate, we'll see what we can do!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Someone needs to organize a Hoopra vs. Mustang vs. LS1 turbo shootout now to showcase some of these fast Mod Motored cars !

I think the fast Mod Motor turbos are faster than any of the others right now as far as I see. I was talking about this with a friend from Austin who was remarking about how fast the Supras are and I said wait till more people do american turbo cars. I've seen lots of American turbo power but I know most people haven't. Just imagine a big windsor turbo or a big block turbo! The mod motors have a nice future ahead of them if people keep playing with them like this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that this may be a good idea.

Does anyone know what the fastest time out of a LS1 is? I have heard the best N/A time is like a 9.9, Michael Tymensky has that covered, but I don't know about power adder LS1's.

I think Dave King ought to check into a Mod Motor vs LS1 shootout either in conjunction or a separate event.

What do you think Dave?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts