Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy i moved this from the svt forum bc i didnt really get any feedback, hopefully more ppl will chime in here.

I just traded a truck for a 00' Gt (03 cobra cloned) mustang. the guy who had it before me took IMMACULATE care of this car. you could pick any spot on the car to eat off of, seriously. Well the car started out as a crystal white gt auto 4.6 2 valve.. he put a 40,xxx cobra 4v teksid motor in.. did the cop conversion and has a bbk fenderwell intake, sct tuner.. tranny is a 2001
tr3650 with 03 cobra clutch setup. Car has stock mani's with offroad Xpipe and full stainless magnaflow catback.never was a fan of magnaflows but it does sound really good.Also has a 01 irs rear with 31 spline axles and poly bushings..i think it has 327 gears not sure tho.. he said sumthing about the secondary flappers in the intake tied open? i think this is the irmc's? like i said i know nothing about 4v modulars.. the car has great pull up top but has doo doo low end. im a pushrod guy at heart so i def. can feel the difference. youll all probably laugh but i actually deliver pizza in it 2 days a week for cash (car fund lmao) it gets about 17mpg cityhighway combined. people give me complements all the time bc they cant believe i deliver pizza in it lol anyways heres the deal.. I plan on boosting the car but wanted to ask you guys some questions since there is an awesome amount of knowledge on this site!
Mike Ardnt is a really good friend of mine and also the owner of www.turbochargedinnovation.com He and i plan on doing a master power
T70 setup on the car. im not looking to make it 600 hp and rediculis. just a clean setup to keep my ac powersteering and make it a TRUE street car. looking for maybe 450 wheel on 8-10 lbs depending on how pat does the tune. Patrick Stajdel of Sniper tuning is a friend of mine and will be tuning the car for me. heres the questions i have for you guys

Fuel: should i get a focus pump or use a stock 03 dual pump setup, i also have a kb boostapump i could use... should i use frpp 42lb injectors or get stock cobra 60lb injectors.. it has 24lbers now but im going to be using a lighting maf

turbo setup is going to be a stock manifold wrap around setup so i dont have to install a k member. itll be using a master power t70 with a 50mm racegate wastegate and tial bov.fmic and 5 ply rps couplers, downpipe will be going to be connected to my catback.

just wondering what the limits of my setup going to be? i know the teksid block is strong but the rotator isnt and also i guess the heads/arent that great either... just looking for a rough idea of what people have done hp wise and still kept it Reliable..

mike was saying a 373 gear would be good but i dont wanna over do it when its boosted, plus he can only drive auto cars and mines stick so jw what gear i should get.. do i need a diff cover and spherical bushings for the rear? i really rather no go solid axle bc i wont be bringin it to the track... but i dont know the limits of the irs rear..

Sorry guys i know this is alot but any opinions are greatly appreciated!!! good or bad doesnt matter to me. eventually im going to put rods and pistons in the block and do a C head swap, i just dont have the funds now. just looking for a fun reliable street car that has some balls.

oh ya, thanks vets u are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Flaps tied open are the IMRC plates for sure. So this is a 96-98 cobra manifold?
If you are running a return fuel system just run a 255 lph walbro intank pump and 42# injectors. You don't want to run more than like 450 rwhp on there or you will break the rods-not pretty.

I'm interested in this setup that does not have to use a new K member...Is that an off the self system? Any ground clearance issues?

With better pistons and rods, you can just turn up the boost without a headswap
Erich

·
Registered
426 Posts
im still waiting on my hotsection from mike, hopefuly getting it next week. but anyways does the car have a GT tank or cobra tank? if it is a cobra tank, just get (2) 255 pumps in tank and a boostapump and your set for that. Mike makes some killer stuff by the way. me personally if your only running a 70mm turbo, a 50mm waste gate is a little overkill. 38 mm will be fine and cheaper.

·
Registered
346 Posts
450 rwhp is on the edge. Mine was fine at 420 rwhp on spray (100). When I put the 150 jets in, it popped on the second dyno pull. Overdo fuel to be safe......

·
Registered
274 Posts
if i understand this correctly it has a 96-98 Cobra motor in it? you will be more than fine at 450rwp on that motor if thats what it is.

my cobra with a stock motor and a blower made 480rwp with no problems for years, the motor only got tore down cause i wanted to hit it with more.

*just make sure it gets tuned properly*

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its a 98 cobra motor.. pat from snyper tuned my last 2valve na car and it made 337 wheel so i was stoked with his tuning capabilites.. i think im just going to get 42's and run the Kb BAP just to be safe. its not a baffled cobra tank but mike and i might make a baffle for it when we install the 255. JAX- ya mike and i go way back, my sn95 was his first customer car he turboed actually lol we did it in the garage before he got all fancy and got a shop. i meant to put 40mm wastegate, pretty sure its a JGS billet piece..

Slow32> im fully convinced the tune is what makes anything and everything last. i sprayed a 250 plate kit on a BONE STOCK 302 for a long time and had no problems until i decided to wack it with a 2 150s lol. i just want this car to be as reliable as it is now, just boosted.

Erich> not neccesarly and off the shelf piece but i guess mike could make it for super low budget setups. its just like a crossover pipe but wraps around the back under the tranny setup. cheap and simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts