Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a On3 351w kit on my 383 stroker currently. I found a Turbonetics Hurricane Vanessa pretty cheap that looks like it might be a close turbo replacement. Specs:

Name Vanessa
HP 650-750 at the wheels.
Comp. Wheel HP-76
Comp. Inlet/Outlet 4" / 2.5" Non Ported Shroud
Turbine Wheel F1-68
Turbine Housing T4 0.96 A/R

Or what turbo would you guys go with.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, T4 mount. Has a 3" vband but could chop it off and go 3.5" on the DP. Would like to find a name brand with a good warranty. 600-700 HP Range. Really don't want to spend $1500 bux

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Reed at Work turbochargers is a great guy to go with for help...

also you could look into the Precision 7675 turbo.. the 68mm exhaust wheel in the turbonetics is a little small for a 383 but will be super responsive.. the precision unit has a 75mm exhaust wheel and may help a little with back pressure. what are the goals with your car???

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Careful with that 7675, my 347 overspun a cast wheel 78. That is a pretty big motor you have.

There are some shortages on parts at precision right now due to the crisis in Japan.

8 week lead time for a pt8847, I think they have a few pt88's built.

Neither of those will fit turbo kits designed for the smaller turbos. They are a very different size then the other t4 based turbos.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's no to much cubic inch for a t4. I ran a t4 pte 88-47 on a 402 ls1 and made 940rwhp on my previous camaro.

I'd say you could probably run a turbonetics tc-78. There 950$ I believe.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Turbonetics TC78 is working out so far, 1000 miles (hard miles :) so far. Got next to a GT500 today and now I know they aren't a problem. 600-700 RWHP is all I need. But I'm about to start pulling my brothers engine (that I blew up) and was looking for a little input before I get started with project #2. He has the same F4TE 351w block so depending on the wall condition it may be a 357 CI or larger. Trying to get him to stroke it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The Turbonetics TC78 is working out so far, 1000 miles (hard miles :) so far. Got next to a GT500 today and now I know they aren't a problem. 600-700 RWHP is all I need. But I'm about to start pulling my brothers engine (that I blew up) and was looking for a little input before I get started with project #2. He has the same F4TE 351w block so depending on the wall condition it may be a 357 CI or larger. Trying to get him to stroke it.
if your going to turbo it, then you really dont need the extra CID.. let the turbo do the work, and you will be able to get the smaller turbos to work real good on a 357..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree that the 357w vs. the 383w wouldn't matter much but the guy that does my engines could duplicate my build with his engine. And I have to say my engine setup is so smooth it's like driving a stock mustang err maybe smoother. I just hate to try something different when something works out so well. Oh and when it's on someone else's dime :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts