Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the stock manuel VBC boost controller for a while now, constantly cranking the hell out of...

Testing it on the highway to make sure I didnt turn it to much, etc...

Do you have any personal experience with any boost controllers or have you heard of any to stay away from?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im actually looking for an electronic boost controller

·
Registered
364 Posts
turbosmart single stage electronic...Car not done yet, I have no idea how it works, but it installs easy and is simple to set up and use...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a HKS EVC-EZ on my supra and had no problems what so ever, a few of my freinds run it to. One runs 30psi and a inovative turbo with a HKS wastegate he puts down a solid 740rwhp and 10.3's at over 140. THe other runs 32psi with 760rwhp and ran a best of 9.96 at 145. So that shows its fine for any amount of boost and is reliable, we have all been running the EZ for over 2 years. It's some what expensive at $300.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone heard anything about blitz boost controllers I saw them on www.turbodepot.com

I like the BLITZ SBC DC but it doesnt register in Boost.

Has anyone heard any feed back on them?

·
Registered
606 Posts
i'm not so sure about that turbodepot.com place. among other similarities, they also use the same trademarked slogan as TDC about being the definitive source blah blah...
hmm....turbodepot=TDC folks?

·
Registered
364 Posts
waaaay off topic, sorry

Turbo 97 - Sorry to ask this through a forum, but I couldn't get your e-mail to work. I own a 97 4v and am about to have a turbo from Pro Turbo Kits out of San Antonio installed. The set up sounds so similar to yours, that I wanted to ask you some questions.
1) Do you have problems passing emmissions? Do you have tricks that help you pass?

2) How many miles do you have on it?

3) Do you have forged internals?

4) Is it your daily driver, and if so, what psi do you keep it at typically...

Sorry for all these dorky questions, I just don't come across a 97 4v turbo owner everyday. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

·
4,289 Posts
92fastlx said:
i'm not so sure about that turbodepot.com place. among other similarities, they also use the same trademarked slogan as TDC about being the definitive source blah blah...
hmm....turbodepot=TDC folks?
Kind of already been established they are one in the same, there is a thread about it over on TurboMustangs.com Shows where people saw the things that would tell you they are one in the same.

·
Registered
606 Posts
snipe656 said:
Kind of already been established they are one in the same, there is a thread about it over on TurboMustangs.com Shows where people saw the things that would tell you they are one in the same.
oh, well then i definitely won't be buying anything from those con-artists

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wesleythomas77:
1) Do you have problems passing emmissions? Do you have tricks that help you pass?
2) How many miles do you have on it?
3) Do you have forged internals?
4) Is it your daily driver, and if so, what psi do you keep it at typically...
1.) Don't Know, FL has no emissions... Not to mention Im running a tree killer setup.

2.) My car has 50k NA miles and 20k with Turbo so, 70k total trouble free... (+/- the O2 issue) :eek:

3.) Stock bottom end never been opened, stock heads, intake, cams except for IMRC deletes.

4.) Yes its my daily driver, Boost usually anywhere from 8-10 psi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts