Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 mustang that when it gets warm it starts geting herky-jerky. Hard to take off from a stop, wants to stall and when I step on it a little it jerks and clears out. :blam:

302 TW heads systemax intake F303 60lb inj SCT chip/maf/tune. Quicktime turbo kit.

Kurgan tuned it, so I know its not the issue. Car ran fine for a year or so with the tune, and then it started this issue. Tore the car down, did the suspension/chassis and now its back on the road.

When the car is DEAD Cold to 140 temps, it runs awesome. Warms up, it gets goofy. Tuner states O2's are ignored in the tune.

Help! :evil:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also when it starts running goofy when warm, the idle goes to 1700rpm. The intake sensor is old and stock as far as I know, and the IAC control is unknown the age of that as well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
mine does the same thing. i'm getting a new mass air meter. it sarted on mine after i missed a gear and it backfired. broke two pistons as well. when i got it back together it was a problem. do you have a wideband. if its your mass air i bet you're getting lean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts