Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my neighbor has an extra Holset turbo off of his 12litre or more kenworth semi that he said i can have. my question is, is this TOO MUCH turbo for my 351w (40 over with edelbrok heads trick flow intake and trickflow stg 2 cam) my main concern is being able to spool such a BIG ASS TURBO! any help would be greatly appreciated. i dont want to waste my time fabbing something up and not getting anything for it. i dont have specs i just no it is big as hell

·
Registered
196 Posts
Measure it. Give us numbers off the housing. Take pics. Something.

·
Blame Canada!!!!!!
7,654 Posts
There is no way you will be able to spool that up. If you had a diesel maybe but not on gas. Even if you could spin it alittle you wouldn't see any boost till 5-6000 rpm, if at all.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
my Holset H1E is off a 10L cummins backhoe . . .

made 15lbs by 3000 on a 302.

is it a HX50 or 52/55 (something along those lines?)

you never got us the measurements.

·
Blame Canada!!!!!!
7,654 Posts
my Holset H1E is off a 10L cummins backhoe . . .

made 15lbs by 3000 on a 302.

is it a HX50 or 52/55 (something along those lines?)

you never got us the measurements.
No need to get the measurements. I have 5 semi's 2 of them kenworth's. there is no way in hell a 351 is gonna spin one of those turbo's. I have 2 turbo's off a powerstroke. 1 is a 1.0 a/r the other a1.10 a/r that would work as you can get diff waste gates for them here http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011B&Category_Code=WGT1. Drops psi to 6lbs. and use a boost controller to get more boost.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i haven't had a chance to get over there to measure it. but i think im gonna give up on it and go with an f350 turbo. i can get one for $50 from a local junkyard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts