Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what I need to do to go with a good turbo set-up ? Currently I'm running a 331 c.i. motor (Mexican Block) with a 750 Race Demon carb, AFR 185cc heads, Victor Jr. Intake 13:5:1 comp, complete fuel system, full exhaust, ignition etc etc etc... I know I'm definitely have to go low compression... Is the 88mm too big or would the 76mm be the better choice ? Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
145 Posts
the biggest thing to worry about is breaking the block, i think even the mexican blocks are only good up to 600 flywheel. but if u got a good block, i would think that the 76mm would be good up to around 15-18 pounds. at that level tho the block is sure to go

·
Registered
389 Posts
I went with a 76 on boss 347. The major thing you will need is........ money and pleny of it! At least in my opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
705 Posts
A t70 would waste your block..

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine is still holding...see sig.

With size of turbo, a 76 will work plenty good. What are your goals? If you want solid 8sec times, get the 88, a 76 would and could do it also. I'm going to be getting a bigger turbo in the future.

Dished pistons, different carb, and cam that should work for ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Go with the 88mm that way when the block breaks and you put the dart block in it you won't have to buy a bigger turbo later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am planning on upgrading the block also, forgot to put that in there... My car is set up with every suspension part possible and has a 12 pt cage... The car is 7.50's certified... I want some 8 sec time slips... How much bigger will I have to go on the carb ??? Thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Custom ground turbo cam ??? I have heard Ed Curtis and CamMotion are good people to deal with... Any suggestions... I could probably pick up an "F" cam pretty cheap too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts