Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking at buying a t-91 mm turbo.......I'm currently in the process of building a 347 longblock but I'm kind of concerned if the cubes are too small for this turbo? Here's what I know, the compressor wheel has a 91mm inducer and a 127 mm exducer with a .96 A/R for the housing. The turbine wheel has a 105mm exducer with an A/R of 1.50 for the turbo housing. I'm told that this turbo will flow some crazy amounts of air but will it be too "BIG" for a small block? I plan on running AFR 225 heads but am I wasting my money on this 91mm? Will it spool up fast enough or will it be a dog until 5000rpm? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
671 Posts
id dont think its too small :evil: umm im not really sure, but id go like with a 76mm maybe? the 91MM will be enough, but im not too sure on turbos ill do some research to see, or ask my brother, im just now getting into turbos myself, good luck and let me see.

brandon

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to make 800-900 rwhp and hoping to run low 9's ( high 8's......???). I too am just getting into turbos that's why I'm asking questions! Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
671 Posts
is your block aftermarket? i think you can achieve that with the 91mm but i think like a 76mm will work too. how much boost are you wanting to run?

brandon

·
Registered
671 Posts
salley347 said:
It will be a dart block, looking at running 12-16 psi
i think you will achieve your goal of that 800+HP, LOL is this going to be a street stang or just a track stang?

brandon

·
Registered
332 Posts
You certainly don't need a 91 to make 800-900rwhp. I would go with something a little smaller. I have a 428 inch motor with a PT 91 on it now and the thing is absolutly insane with 14 lbs of boost. It just smokes the slicks at 80 mph on the street. I know the boost goes alot higher than 14 lbs. A pt 91 is capable of supporting around 1600 hp.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1quick6, can you send me more info on your set up and more pics if you have? What are your A/R ratios and how is it out of the hole? Have you dyno'd, 1/4 miled it?It looks awesome!!!!! Please send me more info if you can, [email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bjsstang03 said:
i think you will achieve your goal of that 800+HP, LOL is this going to be a street stang or just a track stang?

brandon
I don't want to set my goals too high, then be pissed off when I don't acheive what I've said. I'd be really happy with 800rwhp and thrilled with 900, however dyno #'s mean **** if you can't take it down the track! I want to drive this car on the street and take it to the track every so often!

·
Registered
671 Posts
holly crap thats SWEET!!! ya i was hoping it would be a street car. :evil: :cool: so whos on your "wanting to OWN" any chevys on that list, LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
More pics... Turbo is a Pt 91.5 with a G trim wheel and 1.0 A/R. No real track times or dyno numbers yet. Took it to the track but couldnt control boost with one wastegate, I got off the throttle and basically cruised down on motor (no boost) and it still went 10.9 @124. But I can tell you the car went 10.60's last year and this combo makes that feel like a Hyundai. Car absolutly smokes the 28x11.5 et streets at 80 mph and doesn't stop spinning until i get out of it. I have 29.5x10.5 w's for the track, hopefully will make it to the track soon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
More

·
Registered
671 Posts
NICE!!! got any pics of an intercooler or do you have one? Im sure you do.

brandon

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here are some while we were working on the car. Intercooler is supposed to be good for 1800 hp.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Passenger seat and carpet and stuff is going back in, just havent gotten there yet. May even put the system back in like last year. 10 in sub, 2 amps....etc.....lol. :evil:

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey 1quick6 can you send a link i want to hear your stang at idel and when it goes into boost :cool: got any track videos? at first i thought your intercooler was front mounted but its in the back ive never seen that before, thats pretty cool.

brandon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts