Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 5.0 with treadstone hot parts, a 70mm air research turbo, a typhoon intake, a hks electric boost controller, a turbonetics waste gate, 255 pump, msd 6al and btm, and a draw thru mass air, but i have a blow thru on the way back from pmas..... heres my problem...well one of them.... ever since i put the turbo on i have had 2 big problems i never had before the first is that when i took the first test drive i noticed once the car got warm that on a idle it had really low oil pressure (5-15 psi) but once i got on the gas it went back to 60 or so psi.....well after a day or so when ever i got off the gas after boost weather it was 1 psi or 20 psi it would have all the oil smoke coming out the tail pipes..... it was like the oil line was just pumping the oil out on to the header!!!!! so i redid the lower intake thinking it was that and when i took it out it did the same thing!!!!!!! my 2nd problem is i cant seem to lean the car out at all ...i put the fuel pressure at 41psi and turned the timing down to 12 degrees......and it still runs really rich!!!!!!!!!

any help would be great !!!!! i dont care to much about the running rich but the oil thing has to be fixed cant even drive the car !!!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
thats almost funny... I have the same hot parts kit and had the EXACT same issue. Turned out to be the valve seals were leaking BAD.

just wondering how did you connect your downpipe to tail pipes?? Im running just the downpipe and Im getting tired of the loudness lol lol

as for the rich issue, it will be fixed as soon as you get your new meter. I have the PMAS blow thru meter and it works great, no issues at all. running the draw thru in a blow thru set up is sure to cause lean/rich issues

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'd run a compression check first, then go from there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my opinion its definitely sukin air cause when u cant adjust fuel and its still running rich that shuould almost be a hundred percent that the intake is sukin air from somewhere check all vac lines and make sure the gasket on the lower intake is good if not u might have a slight crack on the intake

·
Registered
377 Posts
tuebo

I would ditch the whole set up and buy another car:leghump:

·
Registered
299 Posts
The oil pressure you descrobed seems fine, but why couldnt the oil smoke problem be a turbo seal?

:confused:

Rich issues: what was the timing and fuel at before you made changes? Why would you turn the timing down to 12* ?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
What is your feed and return line setup on the turbo. If you don't have a really small feed and big return and the return is not downhill all the way into the pan, you can get a ton of oil blowing into the exhaust.
Erich

·
Registered
377 Posts
turbo problems

Never heard anyone go from a turbo to supercharger, and actually prefer the supercharger?
read the first six words in my signature. by the way this is my best freind and I was just busting his balls.

were did I say to buy a supercharger also??

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
What is your feed and return line setup on the turbo. If you don't have a really small feed and big return and the return is not downhill all the way into the pan, you can get a ton of oil blowing into the exhaust.
Erich
+1, what is your feed return setup?

If your oil feed line is too large, you could need an inline restrictor to the turbo (fairly common problem).

Also, did you set your fuel pressure with the vacuum line on or off? Either way, pull the vacuum line and drop the pressure down to 39psi. You will need to reset the computer afterwards...and then drive drive drive. If you are running the stock 02's, you will not be able to tune the setup with fuel pressure....unless your tuning for stoich during close loop operation.

It's quite possible that your maf meter is giving you fit's...especially if you have a draw thru meter on a blow through setup. I would wait until you get the new meter before you attempt any more tuning.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Never heard anyone go from a turbo to supercharger, and actually prefer the supercharger?
I will be able to evaluate the exact opposites soon. A centrifugal supercharger on a high reving 4V and a pair of small turbos on a 5.0. All torque vs all hp.
Erich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts