Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are On3, Hellion and HP the only turbo options for 99-04 GTs? Other than custom options that is.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to do my own kit but I don't have the tools needed to do custom work. Plus I'm guessing the cost of custom parts (having to weld the BOV and wastegate) would be more than a quality, reputable complete kit like Hellion (although I don't like how Hellion uses stock manifolds).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stock exhaust manifolds work extremely well being cast iron. Aftermarket/longtubes/custom headers are simply not needed for street applications and just add to the cost and complexity of a kit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y2k02...what kit do those long tube headers come with? Those look amazing!

And something about log style manifolds don't do anything for me. I like the idea of forward facing headers. Less piping pre turbo, faster spooling. If I'm going to spend $6k on a kit I want turbo headers, not manifolds.

I'm able to find hot kits but no cold kits. It would be nice to not have to have custom stuff made. I've heard that piecing together your own kit is cheaper than buying a complete kit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like the HP Performance kit comes with long tube headers. The more research I do on the HP twin turbo kit the more and more I like them. Only bad thing I've read about them is the time from when you pay to the time your receive all the parts can be quiet a long time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The HP kit has always been a dream of mine, but now i'm looking at the on3performance forward facing system and maybe a ball bearing turbo? I'm looking for a fast spool turbo setup...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it's the HP headers. I've had their kit since 05.
How do you like your HP performance kit? A guy here in town has their kit and loves it and they installed the kit of a Vette. Only bad thing I hear about HP performance is they take a long, long time to send out the parts and I've heard some people that say they had missing parts including the Vette install.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The HP kit has always been a dream of mine, but now i'm looking at the on3performance forward facing system and maybe a ball bearing turbo? I'm looking for a fast spool turbo setup...
Forward facing and ball bearing would make for a quicker spooling turbo. I don't like the On3 forward facing kit but I just hear to many bad things about them. They seem to be so hit or miss. I would hate to spend $2500 and get a kit that is nothing but headaches and leaks.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have no complaints. Guy on modularford recently bought a HP kit and. Had it under six weeks. He ordered it inflated. It only took three weeks to receive the hotwire I'm running now.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Having parts made can be very cheap especially in these times. Instead of guessing why not check around and see what u find for prices. The most cost effective way is buy some hotpipes, have a downpipe made (usually cheap), and run e85 (bigger injectors and insurance) with no intercooler (no need with e85 and less piping).

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts