Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Boost brother setup tring to install it. I am wanting to know if any know where the oil supply goes to from the turbo. And where exactly to i tap my oil pan for the return.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Line goes from oil distribution on block by power steering pump where the oil sending unit is, both return and feed line go onto turbo housing top and bottom, and most people use Vortech's instructions for tapping the oil pan from their websight.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

·
Registered
372 Posts
Make sure you upgrade your oil drainback hose to something better than what comes with the kit and use better clamps as well. Also, I found the fittings for tapping into the oil pressure port were not the correct size. One quick trip to the parts store fixed both issues easily.

Post pics when you have time. :joy:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
For the drain line I used a piece of 12 an line that I had leftover from my breather install. Looks great and works great

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where exactly do I run the supply. I was looking around down there when i had to remove my sway bar and seen nothing that had to do with oil around that area. Other than the lines for the power steering itself.

I would post pics of it but I need new header bolts because the factory's wont work. I know u never reuse stuff but i was trying to save money.

Trying to use the kit itself plus money i got from the swap for the extra parts and its not working out that way.

Getting a sn95 kit to fit the fox is a job imo.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The supply tees into the factory oil pressure sendor above the oil filter. I had an sn kit on my fox and only issue was the coldpipe coming off the compressor hit my aftermarket crank pulley.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i would remove that put a T under and put the oil pressure sender on top of the T. then run my supply to the T.

Or no.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yep, thats what i did. Your kit didnt come with one?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No i didnt buy mine new as they dont make them anymore. The only thing i need is new header bolts. A new turbo gasket. A oil return line, and tap for oil pan. and thats it. and of course the 90 from the tubbing from fender to the tb.

·
Registered
372 Posts
You need a set of 1" long header bolts. Same application as bbc. Use copper rtv for gasket. And spike your pan and use a 3\8npt tap. Clamp on a -12an or 3/4" hose and your in buisness.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you very much. Should have some pic's up the weekend of my progress. Will keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dunk the tap in gun grease so while you're cutting threads the metal sticks in the grease on the tap and don't fall into the oil pan.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well. I made some prgress this weekend. I manage to get the intercooler mounted with some custom brackets from lowes. But she sits a tad low and imma need to trim the bootom side of my bumper. Nothing to major just the flimsy vented part on the bottom inbetween the bottom lip and the gap. Hard to explain ill post pics this afternoon after work.

Also went looking for some header bolts. Let me say these headers for the turbo kit are bent in so many odd ways I cant tighten any of them down.
Suggestions plz.

Also I went to advance and autozone to try and look for a fiiting to T from. where the oil pressure sensor is. Where i was told to t from and no one had any such T that i could use. Help here to plz. Also it looks like its gonna be a snug fit between my power steering and the oil pressure sensor with a T plus the oil pressure thing ontop.

Will post pics of the header bolt problem and the oil T problem.
Help with the T and bolts would be appreciated. Also im not gonna spend the 60 on the stage 8 locking bolts from ford racing because there to short. I need 1inch bolts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As mentioned above 1" B.ig B.lock C.hevy bolts will work fine. 12 point head and a combo wrench should take care of the tightening.
For the oil pressure tee. The one you'll get from the places you have mentioned will be brass and have all female threads. Meaning you screw something into them. You will need to get a "pipe bushing". It will be a brass tube with male threads on both ends. Screw the bushing into the block, screw the tee onto the bushing. Be very careful with the pipe tape, dont clogg anything. The oil p.s.i.sending unit will end up fitting where it fits...do what you can to keep it away from heat.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I used ARP 6 point bolts and was able to bolt up the headers just fine. Some were tight with a wrench but all went in fine. Make sure you start them all first before running them all the way in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The arp 6 point would be good if they were long enough only About a quarter inch of the bolt or less actually screws into the cylinder head

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is the only way to get photos up for me is photobucket. I hope it works.

Got all the bolts in with lock tight. Got all piping on ecept the pipe that is gonna run from fender to throttle body.

I was told there a adapter that goes under your oil filter with 4 spot to run lines to instead of removing the oil pressure thing.

Anyone ever use it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts