Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning out my fuel system for my sn95 turbo build. Here is what I have so far. -10an from a sumped tank to 10micron filter to pump (either single aeromotive or dual bosch) to 100micron filter to -10an hose to the front of the car. Y-block, -10an in dual -6an out, -6an feeding each rail from the front of the motor, -6an from each rail to the regulator -8an return from regulator to tank.

My question is at what power level will using two -6an lines off of a -10an line to feed the fuel rails then to the regulator, allow me to reach before the -6an lines should be replaced with -8an?

I am sorry that is so hard to read. Thanks in advance

Sumerised: will -6an in a fuel system be okay?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
1. if your pump has a -10 inlet (like the Aeromotive Eliminator)
than you want a -12 feed to it from the tank.

2. twin -6 should take the flow of a single -10.

Best set-up would be -10 to twin -8 into the rail to twin -6 into regulator
with single -8 return. That will support some serious fuel flow.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. if your pump has a -10 inlet (like the Aeromotive Eliminator)
than you want a -12 feed to it from the tank.

2. twin -6 should take the flow of a single -10.

Best set-up would be -10 to twin -8 into the rail to twin -6 into regulator
with single -8 return. That will support some serious fuel flow.

r.barn, thanks

Here is what I have mapped out and just need to hit the damn order button on summit's page. With all the fittings components and a few arp bolts and some gaskets I have 42 damn items. I am going to phone this one in then email the list to a sales guy.

I am using all Aeromotive components and Earls fittings and lines. I am trying to stay all black using Earls prolite 350 hose and ano-tuff hose ends and adapters and Aeromotive's new black option on some of their parts.

Sumped tank, single -12 feeding 100micron shutoff filter (black, 12332) directly joined to the Eliminator pump (black, 11104) directly joined to the 10micron filter (black, 12321) -10 going to engine bay feeding aeromotive y block (black, 15602, -10 in/08 out) -8 feeding the rear of the aeromotive rails (14101), 180 degree -8 hose ends bringing -8 back to the 13101 regulator on the firewall area (exact location not sure yet) then -8 return all the way back.

Where have most people been mounting their Y-blocks and regulators?

I have a PMS 4 for the tuning end and the car will be a 99% street car 1% track. I am leaning towards the Aeromotive fuel pump speed controller (16302) any feed back on those?

Also who has the best deals and has instock Earls and Aeromotive both besides summit and jegs? Any idea? I would rather support a site sponsor but finding one that will return emails is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Thanks for the advise and help.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Instead of a Y-block and dual returns.

I ran my -10 into the back of one rail
tied the front of both rails together with -8 cross over
and -8 out the back of 2nd rail to MagnaFuel -8 regulator.

With amount of fuel being moved by that Eliminator pump
and -10 feed, I did not think I should have any lean problems
on last injector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts