Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys tryin to decide what manifolds to run with my turbo after i lose the longtubes and was wondering if there were any brands to stay away from or some i should be lookin into?. I won't really be able to.afford FF manifolds so shories are what im lookin at.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The ON3 kit is pretty cheap and looks pretty beefy (I have the ff kit but not installed) I got the kit, 4" intercooler, 80lb SD injectors, HPX maf, maf wiring plug, without turbo, wg, and bov for like $2,300 shipped.

Lot of people hate ON3 but you can't beat em for the $ in my opinion.

Not sure if they would sell just the headers or not. BG makes ff headers as well.

For shorties I think about any hheader will work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know there are some headers that the manufacturer only reccomend up to like 4-500whp. The shorties with the dented/flattend primaries to clear the steering shaft (like my old JBAs) will cause issues on those cylinders with BIG horsepower.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Slightly unrelated question. I have stock manifolds on my '99 with an On3 (non forward facing obviously) kit with 76mm turbo, currently at around 23lbs. I have heard from some that the stock manifolds are part of why my car is so laggy and I should go to tubular shorties, while others say that the cast iron manifolds hold heat in better and actually help spool time. Who is correct?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silver03...thoe are kinda pricey...i would just get FF headers from C&G fabrications.

I don't think On3 sells the manifolds separtately...yet..i really wish they did!

I just didn't know if like Ford Racing manifolds...or like JBA as mentioned above were a bad idea..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Slightly unrelated question. I have stock manifolds on my '99 with an On3 (non forward facing obviously) kit with 76mm turbo, currently at around 23lbs. I have heard from some that the stock manifolds are part of why my car is so laggy and I should go to tubular shorties, while others say that the cast iron manifolds hold heat in better and actually help spool time. Who is correct?
I would think if anything those manifolds would hold heat better and help spool but the difference is probably minimal.

Your issue is most likely the fact that you are running a 76mm turbo on a 4.6.

Even my 67mm has a little lag on my 4.6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts