Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any turbo kits out there that do not require cutting on the car? Im interested in a kit that I can bolt on, get a tune and drive it. I dont want to deal with parts not fitting, cutting things up, and a bunch of head aches. Im willing to pay more for a kit that is quality, fits right, and ill be happy with. This will be going on a bone stock 5.0.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Are there any turbo kits out there that do not require cutting on the car? Im interested in a kit that I can bolt on, get a tune and drive it. I dont want to deal with parts not fitting, cutting things up, and a bunch of head aches. Im willing to pay more for a kit that is quality, fits right, and ill be happy with. This will be going on a bone stock 5.0.
Hellion comes to mind for quality...but it costs alot...compared to cheaper kits..My On3 kit fit fine by the way...

·
Registered
994 Posts
The only cutting on mine with my On3 kit was with the front bumper cover. And I don't think there's any way you're gonna fit an intercooler behind that fascia without some cutting, regardless of who's kit you use.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If I remember correctly, a member on here said he had installed almost every single kit out there and had a fitment issue with almost all. One kit may fit perfectly on one car but not the next. From what I have read, it just kinda comes with the territory. Just go with a kit that offers good customer service as I have come to know will become necessary at some point. Ask me how I know:crying:

Not saying I am an expert or have installed other kits other than my own. Just passing on knowledge I have spent days researching. Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea Im still on the fence as to if I want to mess with a turbo set up. Seems like a lot of people have issues out of them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
almost a given to run into some sort of problem but once u overcome it will be very well worth it but plan on cuting maybe welding screaming and drinking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts