Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv just installed my turbo kit i bought from a guy on here. now that i got it running there is alot of white smoke coming from the exhaust, does this meen the turbo is bad? or what could it be? the car drives down the road fine is there something i could of did wrong?

·
Registered
568 Posts
my buddy had bad oil seals and it acted weird. it would sometimes smoke like a train, and other times it would be just barely visable. Have you checked your Downpipe or tailpipe, which ever you run , for excessive oil contamination?(wet or pools of oil)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it wasnt spitting oil when i was running a open down pipe. some one else says it could be head gasket, or my oil drain line? head gasket makes some since. i tested compreesion in the d/s today all was well d/s will be saved for a later day.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
white smoke could also be raw fuel!

I had a injector driver go in my fast system and it smoked like a freight train!

·
Registered
568 Posts
what size is your feed and drain and is it ball bearing or journal ???

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
first and easiest thing to check is the oil return from turbo to pan.

make sure hose is 5/8" or larger

every inch is downhill no uphill or horizontal sections

pan is tapped above oil level

fitting at pan is horizontal and not tapped at an angle

line isnt kinked

also if you have a high out put oil pump you could be pumping too much oil into the turbo and it cant drain fast enough.

If your feed line is larger than 3an it will need a restrictor

·
Registered
295 Posts
first and easiest thing to check is the oil return from turbo to pan.

make sure hose is 5/8" or larger

every inch is downhill no uphill or horizontal sections

pan is tapped above oil level

fitting at pan is horizontal and not tapped at an angle

line isnt kinked

also if you have a high out put oil pump you could be pumping too much oil into the turbo and it cant drain fast enough.

If your feed line is larger than 3an it will need a restrictor
+1.

the oil coming out of the turbo into the drain line is almost like foam it needs to be sloped right. some peiple drill a hole thru the frame right under the turbo to get it perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts