Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 GT convertible..I was thinking of going a turbo...I have had supercharged cars...Nitrous cars...I had turbo cars but they were turbocoupes...lol good cars tho not the fastest...:shakehead..Anyways this is my Daily driver i want something that will give me some kick but im not going to be racing it every weekend either...Who makes a complete bolt on kit that retains the smog pump and A/C...This car also has close to 100,000 miles on it I know it probably wont last long...but i can get to that bridge when i cross it..i wont go boost crazy either maybe like 5-6 psi...what would i need to do im sure the fuel pump needs to be bigger like a 255 and im sure injectors...Can i run this on the stock computer or do i need to have a chip burned...Who does that?...any help would be great thanks....:)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
CARTECH keeps ac,ps,smog,i have had this kit since 02 and its great and reliable,even can retain the converter if you want! its called the cartech street sleeper kit,,,i got the upgraded turbo! No oil filter relocation either! STOCK CAM 15PSI iron heads gt-40 @ 15psi 535rwhp ,622 rwtq!:king:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
CARTECH keeps ac,ps,smog,i have had this kit since 02 and its great and reliable,even can retain the converter if you want! its called the cartech street sleeper kit,,,i got the upgraded turbo! No oil filter relocation either! STOCK CAM 15PSI iron heads gt-40 @ 15psi 535rwhp ,622 rwtq!:king:

WOW thats awesome is that how you look them up Cartech turbo Kits...? Also do you think ill be ok on a stock motor as long as im not boosting alot say 5-7 psi?..Ok i found the kit ..the turbo is on the drivers side so im guessing the Battery gets relocated to the trunk? What else do i need besides that kit?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cartech is good and i know hellion makes a pretty vicious kit
Cartech you have to relocate the battery tho right? and the turbo is on the drivers side? I heard Hellion make a good kit just pricy..

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
WOW thats awesome is that how you look them up Cartech turbo Kits...? Also do you think ill be ok on a stock motor as long as im not boosting alot say 5-7 psi?..Ok i found the kit ..the turbo is on the drivers side so im guessing the Battery gets relocated to the trunk? What else do i need besides that kit?

I run 8-10 on a stock longblock with no issues. Once its tuned I plan to run around 15psi or so

besides that kit you will need a set of fuel injectors and a MAF caled to the injectors. A dyno tune would be good aswell.

what muffler do you have on the car now? It might be a good idea to swap them out IF their a chambered muffler.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run 8-10 on a stock longblock with no issues. Once its tuned I plan to run around 15psi or so

besides that kit you will need a set of fuel injectors and a MAF caled to the injectors. A dyno tune would be good aswell.

what muffler do you have on the car now? It might be a good idea to swap them out IF their a chambered muffler.
I am running flows which i know wont work..well that hurt HP so what is a good cat back to use? I was thinking of going with the Hellion Kit to retain everything but someone jus said you still have to get rid of the smog stuff...i dont want to i Live in NJ and they sucj here...so i need to do more research...thanks for the info...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am running the Hellion "Heat" kit on my car. I absolutely love it and I am looking forward to daily driving it in the warmer months.

I wouldn't encourage you to have your daily driver a turbo mustang though. S##T does happen.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am running the Hellion "Heat" kit on my car. I absolutely love it and I am looking forward to daily driving it in the warmer months.

I wouldn't encourage you to have your daily driver a turbo mustang though. S##T does happen.
Yeah that is a good idea..but for now i will have to use it as my daily for now...lol Where you able to keep your smog stuff or did it have to go? I thought there kit keep all of that? You have any pictures...I want to run low boost too for now until I get the AOD re-done and some suspension work ...sub-frames..My car is a convertible dont want to twist anything..LOL...What kind of HP you making did you run this car yet?...how does she run?..Oh yeah what exhaust are you running too any sound clips...Im worried its not going to sound good with a straight thru muffler...I have flows now but everyone says you can use them....:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah that is a good idea..but for now i will have to use it as my daily for now...lol Where you able to keep your smog stuff or did it have to go? I thought there kit keep all of that? You have any pictures...I want to run low boost too for now until I get the AOD re-done and some suspension work ...sub-frames..My car is a convertible dont want to twist anything..LOL...What kind of HP you making did you run this car yet?...how does she run?..Oh yeah what exhaust are you running too any sound clips...Im worried its not going to sound good with a straight thru muffler...I have flows now but everyone says you can use them....:(
I actually do have a few videos up. One of which I finished up last night. The idle video has a quick walk-around of my car so you can hear the exhaust. I am running the Pypes exhaust and I love it. My motor is 8.25:1 so it is making less power, but it should be fun on 12lbs. On 8lbs it put down 435hp / 460tq. I can't post links due to the wonderful rules on the site so take out the space on the link below and you should be able to check it out.
youtube com/user/WFox505

This is the 2nd Hellion fox body kit. From what I understand the first kit relocated the alternator with an expensive bracket, but the "Heat" kit removes the smog. I am willing to bet that with a good tuner you can get your car to pass emissions. Do they actually check for a smog pump? You could just update your emissions and then bolt the kit on and be good for some time. I have a bunch of photos which I will upload later. The quality of the kit is top notch and I am very satisfied!

Seriously though, buy a beater. Some $1,000 pile on craigslist or wherever. It will keep you employed. haha

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually do have a few videos up. One of which I finished up last night. The idle video has a quick walk-around of my car so you can hear the exhaust. I am running the Pypes exhaust and I love it. My motor is 8.25:1 so it is making less power, but it should be fun on 12lbs. On 8lbs it put down 435hp / 460tq. I can't post links due to the wonderful rules on the site so take out the space on the link below and you should be able to check it out.
youtube com/user/WFox505

This is the 2nd Hellion fox body kit. From what I understand the first kit relocated the alternator with an expensive bracket, but the "Heat" kit removes the smog. I am willing to bet that with a good tuner you can get your car to pass emissions. Do they actually check for a smog pump? You could just update your emissions and then bolt the kit on and be good for some time. I have a bunch of photos which I will upload later. The quality of the kit is top notch and I am very satisfied!

Seriously though, buy a beater. Some $1,000 pile on craigslist or wherever. It will keep you employed. haha
Ok i can see what i can do about smog...what happens to the EGR valve and stuff i have a 93 gt...Also im going to check out you stuff on you tube now thanks..I really want the Hellion kit..i hear only good things about it...What actually comes in there kit? How complet is it?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just run the stock cam and get a good tune it will pass then!!IT STILL will make SICK POWER!!!:evilgrin:
Yes it will be on the stock cam and stock long block..lol..I hope it makes good power...:D

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
youtube com/user/WFox505

Thanks i saw the vidoes very nice....Is the pypes exhaust very loud inside too?...when you can post up some pictures how long did it take to install the kit?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks i saw the vidoes very nice....Is the pypes exhaust very loud inside too?...when you can post up some pictures how long did it take to install the kit?
The exhaust really isn't that bad inside. You will find that a turbo really quiets down the exhaust noise. I was very happy with the pypes exhaust and the price is right. On my old setup I was still running the stock exhaust w/flowmaster mufflers. When we unbolted the exhaust I picked up about 25-30hp. I was running a stock block, intake, heads that had never been touched and running 10lbs with the same kit. 405hp 508tq. I did a motor swap when the head gaskets went.

If you look on the Hellion site you can find the instructions. It should have the photos of the install on my car. It took them less than 2 days to finish the car including the photos. Guess who was happy!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The exhaust really isn't that bad inside. You will find that a turbo really quiets down the exhaust noise. I was very happy with the pypes exhaust and the price is right. On my old setup I was still running the stock exhaust w/flowmaster mufflers. When we unbolted the exhaust I picked up about 25-30hp. I was running a stock block, intake, heads that had never been touched and running 10lbs with the same kit. 405hp 508tq. I did a motor swap when the head gaskets went.

If you look on the Hellion site you can find the instructions. It should have the photos of the install on my car. It took them less than 2 days to finish the car including the photos. Guess who was happy!

Thanks...I saw your car on the site..It didnt say anything about removing the smog stuff?...So i can keep my cat back with the flows for now? I just wont make as much HP until i get a straight thru type muffler right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks...I saw your car on the site..It didnt say anything about removing the smog stuff?...So i can keep my cat back with the flows for now? I just wont make as much HP until i get a straight thru type muffler right?
you don't need smog stuff :) As the other said you should be just fine without it. You will be fine with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you don't need smog stuff :) As the other said you should be just fine without it. You will be fine with the stock exhaust.

I know i dodnt need it but does it keep it?,...see i took the smog stuff off my 85 GT and it ran bad really bad so im kinda affraid to do that to this 93 GT i have because the car runs awesome...like a brand new car so i want to keep everything intact thats why i keep asking....lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts