Ford Mustang Forums banner

turbo kit any good?

667 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  longstroke 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks like it's designed almost identical to the on3 kit, but they use name brand parts.

Looks like treadstone is higher quality but the same thing. I've used an on3 kit and it's done a great job for the price FWIW. But have read a lot about flanges being welded crooked, etc. Luckily we didn't have this problem, but it exists.

Seems like On3 has usually been pretty good about taking care of these problems.

#5 ·
My brother and I are running a treadstone kit now.We have had 2 problems.One, the wastgate was to small for the 76 mm so we changed the w/g piping to use a 50mm turbosmart gate .Second, after many failed attempts to get the manifolds to seal, we finally took them off and had them milled flush.Had to remove a 1/16 on the driver's side and about an 1/8 on the passenger.Other than that no issues.The kit sits on a dart based 326 c.i combo and is making 783 rwhp currently on 17.6 lbs. of boost and has gone a best of 9.75 @ 145.77 w/ a lazy 1.63 60'.Still sorting things out w/ the tune.That pass saw a little over 14 lbs on the fast datalogger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.