Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been beat to death, but lets try it one more time:) I've got a F4TE block, 10.5:1, TFS High Port 225's, custom cam, Tmoss ported EFI Super Vic and I'm looking to push 10psi. From everything that I've researched I should be running an 88mm turbo, I'd also like to go with a B&G kit, anyone know what the wait time is for one of their kits?

As far as fuel I have a Glenn's 1000HP return system, and will be using E85. Will 105lbs injectors be enough?

Thanks Corral:salute:

-Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why do you care how much boost you want to run? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a power goal? The difference between a 60mm and a 101mm both running 10psi is huge.
How much power you want to make and how hard you want to spin a turbo will determine what turbo to get.
I would suggest getting a custom kit built buy a local reputable builder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Depending on your base fuel psi and final 1.1 psi under load, 105lbers should net you close to 1000hp.. My 95lbers maxed out at 804whp @ 18psi with a 60lb base psi, but i was suffering excessive from converter slip too.

a 88mm with the right size turbine and exh housing,(stay away from T4 on a motor that big go T6) will make enough power to split that block in half..

and i agree with stang boy.. Psi is irrelavent.. Pick a hp number

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Skip right to the end and just pic a ET your trying to run. I would say somewhere in the 80-88mm range with a decent size hotside and turbine wheel.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for 700-800RW, it'll be temporary until I can afford a Dart based 427, then I'll want 900-1000RW without having to upgrade turbos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts