Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently reached out to a company called maxpeedingrodz on a post they had up offering products to test. After a discussion I was able to receive a turbo sponsored by them to test and review.
Currently I am running a 76/65 turbo from on3 for about a year and a half now with no issues. This turbo honestly I had zero issues with (knock on wood) but I want something bigger on exhaust side for my setup. So more info once the turbo is installed to come.

So here is some info on the different turbos.

On3-
Cold Side

Compressor Wheel 76mm.80 a/r4” Inlet and 2.5” Compressor OutletInducer- 76.71mmExducer- 102.36mm

Exhaust Side

Exhaust Housing T-4 Flange.96 ar Exhaust Housing 3.0″ Vband outletInducer- 74.5mmExducer- 65mm

Mpr-

Exhaust Inlet (Turbo Manifold) Flange: T4 Flange
Exhaust Outlet (Downpipe) Flange: V-Band Flange
Compressor Trim: 49.6
Compressor Inducer Diameter: 69 mm
Compressor Exducer Diameter: 98 mm
Compressor Air Inlet Size: 107mm
Compressor Air outlet Size: 86.3mm
Compressor A/R: 0.66
Turbine Trim: 77.6
Turbine Inducer Diameter: 88 mm
Turbine Exducer Diameter: 77.5 mm
Turbine A/R: 1.05

20210410_115117.jpg
20210410_115200.jpg
20210410_115147.jpg
Screenshot_20210404-130144_eBay.jpg
IMG_20200820_022228_605.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
On3 seems to fool people by using a large compressor wheel and a tiny turbine. Piss poor wheel sizing.

The other one has a decent sized turbine wheel, and moderately sized A/R, but stuck on a 69mm compressor? The compressor is going to run out of steam before the turbine side does. Kinda the opposite approach of the on3.

I dont care for the specs of either honestly. The picture of the turbine reveals a very cheap machining process.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On3 seems to fool people by using a large compressor wheel and a tiny turbine. Piss poor wheel sizing.

The other one has a decent sized turbine wheel, and moderately sized A/R, but stuck on a 69mm compressor? The compressor is going to run out of steam before the turbine side does. Kinda the opposite approach of the on3.

I dont care for the specs of either honestly. The picture of the turbine reveals a very cheap machining process.
I mean true but why hate something so much lol.
I mean most of this is data for people who can't run the high end turbos.
I mean I agree with some of which ur saying

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Theres not much hate for either. It's more frustration, I get lots of inquiries for the turbos that I sell, but lose out to a $200 Ebay unit. Then often times they are baffled as to why the turbo craps out in 100 miles, or it under performs.

You dont have to run a high end turbo to get a decent product. But something that takes a lot of heat, and can spin upwards of 130,000 rpms, probably shouldn't be the cheapest one a guy can find.

The above statement is particularly aimed at on3. It's a bad idea to mate a huge compressor wheel to a small turbine, puts a lot of extra stress on the thrust bearing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres not much hate for either. It's more frustration, I get lots of inquiries for the turbos that I sell, but lose out to a $200 Ebay unit. Then often times they are baffled as to why the turbo craps out in 100 miles, or it under performs.

You dont have to run a high end turbo to get a decent product. But something that takes a lot of heat, and can spin upwards of 130,000 rpms, probably shouldn't be the cheapest one a guy can find.

The above statement is particularly aimed at on3. It's a bad idea to mate a huge compressor wheel to a small turbine, puts a lot of extra stress on the thrust bearing.
Oh well true true I understand so what turbos do u produce ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well true true I understand so what turbos do u produce ?

Well define a good setup then.
I mean I'm sure myself and many would like info on this.
I generally run my pt76/75 turbo but I sat that to the side and ran the on3 for data purposes and now the mpr one

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
A turbo with a good wheel setup usually has the wheel diameters within a few mm of each other, none of this 76mm compressor and 65mm turbine stuff.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I sell my own branded turbos, range anywhere from little OEM units to 106mm gt55 stuff. My gt3584rs billet wheel, ball bearing units are around $675 each, and available in mirror image.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sell my own branded turbos, range anywhere from little OEM units to 106mm gt55 stuff. My gt3584rs billet wheel, ball bearing units are around $675 each, and available in mirror image.
Do u have a site

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I do not have a site, all my sales are done by word of mouth, and that spread really well in 2020 (1st yr doing this). I do some sales on other forums, this forum has never yielded results for some reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts