Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive got this hotside that ive ran on my last motor that worked great. I went to mock it up on my new motor and have ran into a huge problem. My new setup uses a CSR water pump so I bought a Altenator bracket from aron to mount the altenator. Well my altenator will not clear the passanger side header and all. Im talking impossible Id be better off making a new passanger side header setup. Im thinking about selling my hotside and building my own or buying a hotside like BG or pony down. Anyone know what hotsides work with my setup or should I just build my own. Also woundering if someone has ever seen a hotside like this.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You dead set on using that bracket, that you would redesign your turbo piping for it. It would be cheaper to buy a different bracket. Your hotside doesnt look much different then Ponydown or BG, besides the turbo location side. I have a summit racing brand bracket that leaves it in the stock location even moves it closer to the water pump slightly. Thats route i went because I wanted to move it as far away from the heat of the header as I could. That bracket isn't a must to mount a alternator is it? Couldn't you use any of the thousand other brackets out there?

Here is the one I have. No reason you could make it work, just need to be a little creative and modify the spacers. Would be cheaper than a new hot side
Summit Racing SME-2002 - Summit Racing® Billet Aluminum Alternator Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Or Here is one for a electric pump that puts it on the lower driver side of the motor.
Moroso 63810 - Moroso Alternator Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to order That March one tomorrow looks like a winner. It puts the alternator in a stock location it appears.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
thats what we are going to have to put on my buddys twinturbo car, but he isnt going to like the price..

I thought that moroso kit may work on your pass side, but your down pipe will hit the alt..

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I hope I can sell it to make some money back. I'm sure there not giving That March kit away....

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I ordered the bracket. My next ? is can anyone tell me who made this kit? It was for a 351 but I cut a little out the crossover so it would fit my 302. Its a nice kit and has never cracked or leaked. I did mod the drivers fram rail so I do point the compressor housing directly at the intercooler instead of running a 90.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the new bracket and it works great. Its so clean I see why the ask 300. Ill post pics when I get it all on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts