Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using to build boost on the line at the track? I hace a C4 with trans brake and it takes me 6 sec on the brake to build 10psi and launch. That will not cut it. Everyone else is halfway down the track by then. My setup is in my sig. The motor has a lot of miles on it but she still works.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sounds like a lot of them are on a two step. Looks like they have good breaks too as they are staging they are trying to build boost. I love the way a turbo car makes power but this is there biggest down fall.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Looks like you have boost leak. I make 14 psi in about 5 sec but I use n20 to spool 14 psi in about 3 sec. Just a small .038 jets.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can u give me more info on your car? Gears, 60ft and tire size? I'm building a car similar and really am ready to see how she does

·
Registered
472 Posts
What rear brakes do you have? And how much boost does it build before it starts to push through the brakes?

It'll take practice, but footbrake the car in the first bulb to start and build boost. Then roll into the second when you have enough boost and go onto the brake.

How much timing are you running down low?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have aerospace rear drag brakes. It pushes threw them to easy, I just put front and rears in so I need to get them to hold better. I would have to check on my timing down low. What are you getting at?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nitrous can be used to make your car spool ALOT faster. If you can't get this resolved, let me know and we can get you setup.

940-767-7694

-Garrett

1 - 13 of 13 Posts