Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help selecting a turbo for my street driven 410w with a tko600. My last combo was a h/c/i 306 with a t70 that had full boost by 3000 and was tons of fun on the street.

combo is a 410w in an f4te block, 9.5compression,afr205,supervictor efi, ed curtis cam. Not wanting to spin it more then 6000rpm and im looking for something with quick spool with the tko600.

I dont have a power goal in mind but would love to trap 135 or more in the 1/4 in my coupe that weighs 3400 with me in it

lots of people say s475 but they're massive and there seems to be so many different models i have no idea what im looking at. Plus my existing b&g turbo kit would most likely need some modifications.

Id like to stay t4 based if possible and have been looking at vs racing 78/75 and their 77/83 turbos?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
My 363 made 1000 at the tires with a PT-7675CEA and spooled to 15 psi from fast idle in one second. Max boost I ran at was 23 psi.

Reactions: ACJ

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would say if you have the money get a precision gen2 7675. That will make more than enough to scatter that block. I was making 650-670 with a turbonetics 7668 this past summer on my stock blocked 383 with no issues, but it is also the reason I put an iron eagle motor together. I didn't want to ruin the whole motor.
You could try one of those VS racing units. I see the Sloppy Mechanics guys using them with great success and making good power.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say if you have the money get a precision gen2 7675. That will make more than enough to scatter that block. I was making 650-670 with a turbonetics 7668 this past summer on my stock blocked 383 with no issues, but it is also the reason I put an iron eagle motor together. I didn't want to ruin the whole motor.
You could try one of those VS racing units. I see the Sloppy Mechanics guys using them with great success and making good power.
Thanks for the replies, Did you have any back pressure issues with the smaller 68mm wheel in the upper rpms?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would say yes. Never measured but when I let off at the end of the track it sure sounded like it. I was making mid sixes with it at 14.5 or so psi with 383 cubic inches. I really don't think there was much left, if any. It was my brother's turbo first and he made 688 iirc with it on 326 ci at 20 something pounds, so I know my bigger cubes were taxing that turbo on the track. Stupid fun turbo on the street in a 2 ton truck, I'll tell you that though. Almost instant boost.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
you can kiss that TKO good bye

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can kiss that TKO good bye
I had liberty go through the entire thing a year ago and it shifts like butter. they polished and crogenic froze all the internals and performed all there other mods. Its more of a weekend warrior so i'm hoping it'll hold for a while. Its usually sticky tires that kill trannys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts