Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see most guys punch a hole in the front of the oilpan to attach the drain. My aftermarket pan has a threaded spot right beside where the dipstick attaches. Is this a suitable location so i can avoid punching another hole?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree. The locstion is only about 4-5 inches further, but would be able to drain down in to the pan as opposed to into the side. I can run as large as necessary, likely use a -12 line

·
Registered
130 Posts
What does the hose routing look like to the drivers side of the pan? I do what I can to keep the hose as straight as possible and at an angle never more shallow than 30°. If the sump area is a mirror image on the passenger side of the pan, weld a a.n. bung on to that side. This way you will have the benefit of both the downward (make sure this location is parallel with a main cap!) exit and a drain hose that will be as close to being vertical its entire length.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would think going to the other side of the pan would leave a flat spot in the line where the oil could cook. The last think you want is for that to happen because it can become a huge headache.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts