Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered alot, but im knew to forums so bare with me please, for my swap I will be using TC calipers adn rotors but in another thread I read that 94-95 brake hoses are needed is this true or should i run TC brake hoses, TC makes more sense but I am not sure. Also can anyone give me any experience theyve had with this swap regarding what MC and booster they used?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I know this topic has been covered alot, but im knew to forums so bare with me please, for my swap I will be using TC calipers adn rotors but in another thread I read that 94-95 brake hoses are needed is this true or should i run TC brake hoses, TC makes more sense but I am not sure. Also can anyone give me any experience theyve had with this swap regarding what MC and booster they used?
If you have all of the turbo coupe brake lines for the rear you could use them. If not Maximum Motorsports has everything you need. I just pulled my SN95 booster and have it for sale for $100 shipped. You could run a 94/95 master cylinder as well.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I ran this setup for nearly 15 years, except it was an SSBC kit using the same components for Fox length axles. On my kit the caliper hoses were armored hard lines but I eventually swapped them for SN95 hoses. The only issue I had was getting the correct banjo bolt length and thread pitch. IIRC, MM's Stop Tech kit comes with two each of the different pitch banjos. You might consider their rear disc conversion hard-lines too.

As for the booster and MC, I used the stock 86 stuff with a gutted prop valve and manual prop valve inserted in the rear system. I ran the stock MC until I went to the SVO front calipers (don't do this) and the stock 86 booster until last summer when it quit working. But in-between I had installed a 94-98 Cobra 13" front and reused the SSBC rear only with 5-lug rotors, then went to the full Cobra rear set-up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have all of the turbo coupe brake lines for the rear you could use them. If not Maximum Motorsports has everything you need. I just pulled my SN95 booster and have it for sale for $100 shipped. You could run a 94/95 master cylinder as well.
I plan on making my own hardlines for the swap but my dad has an sn95 MC laying around but im not sure if a 93 MC is better because im going to try running the stock booster and go from there

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I plan on making my own hardlines for the swap but my dad has an sn95 MC laying around but im not sure if a 93 MC is better because im going to try running the stock booster and go from there
The booster just helps with pedal effort. The M/C provides firm or soft, short/long stroke pedals. Which type of pedal is dependent on the size of calipers being used and the appropriate M/C size. SN95 M/Cs come in different sizes so just saying SN95 doesn't indicate the size. As I said I used my stock 86 M/C and booster for years. For your set-up, I think the 93 Cobra M/C would be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The booster just helps with pedal effort. The M/C provides firm or soft, short/long stroke pedals. Which type of pedal is dependent on the size of calipers being used and the appropriate M/C size. SN95 M/Cs come in different sizes so just saying SN95 doesn't indicate the size. As I said I used my stock 86 M/C and booster for years. For your set-up, I think the 93 Cobra M/C would be fine.
Thats what I was thinking too, thanks for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts