Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting a cam in my 302 with 61mm and Aluminum heads? I heard its pointless and Im not find as much on this as Id like. Ive got the motor out and tearing it down, so nows the time if I do so.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if ur running a stock block use a stock cam.. U can push over 500hp no prob on a stock cam and then its one less thing to worry about when u split ur block..

·
Registered
994 Posts
Depends on what you want. The stock cam is more than capable of making enough power to break the stock block. I went with an FMS "F" cam over the stocker because I wanted to have that extra 1000 RPM of useable power. I like the sound of a cammed motor as well. And the F-303 delivers that superbly.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Depends on what you want. The stock cam is more than capable of making enough power to break the stock block. I went with an FMS "F" cam over the stocker because I wanted to have that extra 1000 RPM of useable power. I like the sound of a cammed motor as well. And the F-303 delivers that superbly.
+1

And to add to that, it will allow you to make the same amount of power with less boost....or conversely, more power with the same boost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts