Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 89 gt with a aod trans that has shift kit. Car seems slow especially for a turbo fox. Supposedly has 373 gears in back
Car is pretty much stock besides on3 turbo setup on 9lb and trickflow street heat intake. No cel come on. Idk what to do I believe this car runs 13.5 in 1/4. I want this car to be high 10 or low 11. What can I do

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
DO you have a way to log your parameters? The converter could be slipping or just not up to the task of turbo torque.. How does the atf look? Pink or not?

·
Registered
230 Posts
So I see this is your 2nd thread on this. Is the car shifting too soon (rpms not reaching high enough before it shifts), or are the rpms hitting the rev limiter and the car not pulling?

·
Registered
230 Posts
BYou can do a search on AOD tv cable adjustment. Also jack up rear of car, support with stands, mark the driveshaft with something, with car in neutral rotate rear tire 1 full rotation, watch to see how many times the driveshaft does a full rotation. If it’s a little less than 4 times, then yes you have 3.73s. If the tv cable is not out of adjustment, you can pull the valve body out of the trans and using parts that come with most shift kits change the shift rpm. What rpm is it shifting at? I would shoot for 5800-6200 with a stock block, but it really depends on the cam where the car is making peak power...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts