Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FFR cobra that I'd like to put a turbo on. I'll need to fab a turbo "kit" since a standard mustang kit will not fit. My current setup is a 306w/ Trickflow H/C/I. I had a 13 psi s-Trim on the car which made 517RWHP on a dyno jet, and N/A on a mustang dyno the motor made 306 rwhp. I'd like to make 450 -500 rwhp with a single turbo and air/air intercooler, but I don't know what size. Could anyone offer some recommendations on the size/brand of turbo and any other suggestions on building a turbo system.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
4,744 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
If you want to go with twins, I'd checkout B&G’s twin headers. They are well constructed and will provide a good base for your setup (assuming your engine compartment has room). If you add on a pair of .60/.63’s from svo’s/turbocoupes you’ll find 500rwhp with your setup will only take ~ 8lbs. They also sell DIY single kit’s which include the headers and cross-over. It really depends on what you’re constraints are with what route you take.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be a single turbo. For the MP T-70, which housing would be best .68 or .96. I've tried researching old threads but I can't seem to find a good answer. Not sure if .68 will be too restrictive with my 306 H/C/I. Anyone have similar setup using either housing?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
There is no perfect answer. I would go with the .96.
I think the .69 would be spooling too much.

If you're willing to spend a couple hundred more dollars for a Precision T-70
instead of the Master Power, you could get a .81 A/R, which would be perfect. IMO

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mike, I suggest you go to theturboforums.com. You can post in the newbie section or just read the permanent "stickies" for more info then you can shake a stick at.
Here is a pic of my engine compartment, but I'm running twins in my FFR cobra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts