Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed on3 kit on 07 mustang along with the typical goodies....

Been at the dyno the last two days......

having issues with the knock sensors....as soon at the tuner throws timing into it, the knock sensors ping....sensors are reading fine before, so i dout its the sensor its self, and were reading fine on first 2 pulls then something happend???

Tuner thinks its a vibration somewhere, exhaust or anything hitting the motor under load on the dyno.

We were running 91 octane fuel, eliminated that by basically adding race gas, also im running one step colder ford racing plugs

I took the car the way it is with i believe 13 degrees of timing, made like 370rwhp on 5.4psi........

Plan to go through entire kit and bring it back....hopefully someone here can relate and help me out!?
Sorry if im missing anything writing this at work on break!? HELP Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
A bit confusing. When you added race fuel did the knock go away or change at all?

ks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Doesn't sound right at all. Who is tuning? And do they have experience tuning boosted 3v? When I used to have a turbo 3v I didn't have any issues running 10psi on 93 octane.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 05 with a on3 kit but didn't have those issues with tuning. I run 93 and it's stays at 15psi. I run two steps colder of plugs also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts