Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need help on a build. I have a 92 notchback that I want to put a new motor in probably a fordstrokers 363 dart Block with a turbo but I want to keep it a stick car and as streetable as possible but run like a bat out of hell when I get on it! My questions are is it dangerous to have a turbo with a 5 or 6 speed due to the turbo lag and would I have to cut up the front bumper for the intercooler. I want to keep the car as original as possible cause it's a low mileage coupe and all the vintags are in place. Thanks in advance Chris

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
whats ur HP goal? just a street car or will it see track? should be fine w/a manual tranny but depends on how much HP u want. Intercooler should fit w/out cutting car,people have fit some pretty large intercoolers w/out cutting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id like 6-700 to the rear wheels. Mostly street driven and to car shows and back, def want to take it to the track once its done. Any suggestions on which Turbo and size? Also alot of my buddies say its dangerous to have a stick with a turbo is that true? Thanks for responding i really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Id like 6-700 to the rear wheels. Mostly street driven and to car shows and back, def want to take it to the track once its done. Any suggestions on which Turbo and size? Also alot of my buddies say its dangerous to have a stick with a turbo is that true? Thanks for responding i really appreciate it.
See my sig. I run a Viper Spec'd 6spd with a Zoom twin disc. Make mid 600 to the wheels and that is with NO timing in it. You can read my build thread in the member's build forum.

Street car; air conditioning, power steering full interior, complete suspension work etc. The only thing I haven't made work with the entire set up is the cruise control.

The real question is, what is your budget? To build a street car making 6-700 to the wheels you are starting to get into BIG money if you want to not have to worry about it breaking down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill check it out. Money isnt an issue i want to do it right the first time. A bunch of my buddies have been telling me that it could be dangerous to have a turbo stick car, so my question is how has your experiance been with your car and also did u have to cut the front bumper up for the intercooler. Laslty how fast do u go through first gear?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Thanks ill check it out. Money isnt an issue i want to do it right the first time. A bunch of my buddies have been telling me that it could be dangerous to have a turbo stick car, so my question is how has your experiance been with your car and also did u have to cut the front bumper up for the intercooler. Laslty how fast do u go through first gear?
I am a 95 Cobra so the 4" clears find. Not sure what would be "dangerous". Mine is a blast to drive but is not a strip car; no cage, etc. It is a street car and I have never even put it to the floor from a stop. Even with my Nitto NT05R drag radials it just spins them anyways. I can not remember my exact ratio but I believe I have a 2.95 first gear and a 3.27 rear gear. It blows through first pretty quick still because of the lack of traction. I set the car up to be a "sporty" street car to play with vettes, vipers, porsches not for a quarter mile car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have 95 cobra..
Dart 363
afr205's
precision pt8285.
With E85 and a stick the car was making 1130rwhp extremely street able.I had a magnum t56 with ram twin disk.The car was scary as ####,going in and out of boost between gears,having the suspension load and unload.So i swapped to a Turbo400 with a gear vendors over drive and i could not be happier..Save your money and do it right the first time

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have 95 cobra..
Dart 363
afr205's
precision pt8285.
With E85 and a stick the car was making 1130rwhp extremely street able.I had a magnum t56 with ram twin disk.The car was scary as ####,going in and out of boost between gears,having the suspension load and unload.So i swapped to a Turbo400 with a gear vendors over drive and i could not be happier..Save your money and do it right the first time
+1 to this...the car is going to be just as fun and IMO more streetable as a n automatic...

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
here we go again...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts