Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to start off my car is a 87 gt converted to maf. My build consists of home made hot parts and a master power t70. I also have a blitz bov, turbonetics waste gate. Supporting mods are 42lb injectors ,lmaf, intank 255 fuel pump, inline 255 fuel pump. I currently have a holley systemax manifold and f303 cam on the car.(stock heads and shortblock) I'm also running a tci c4 with a 3500 stall with 3:55 gearing. Now my questions are..

Where should I mount the lmaf and bov?

What size tires should I run out back? On 15x8 draglites.(I was thinking 26x10)

And where should I tap into for my oil supply for the turbo?

Id appreciate any input. Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you want to vent the bov into the atomsphere you are going to have to blow thru the maf. You want to place the maf in place where you have the most straight pipe before it. If you do as a draw thru you will need to recirculate the bov in between the maf and turbo. You must be careful that the recirculating air does not blow backwards across the maf.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Oil supply can come by drilling and tapping the log where the stock oil pressure sender is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help..now I'm a little confused the bov has to be closer to the throttle body? Or maf closer to the throttle body? The bov is going to be venting into the atmosphere

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I believe that the MAF needs to be closer. The reason is that if the maf reads the air that the BOV lets out of the system, the engine will get very very rich, and even have stalling issues.

I may not be correct, but I believe I am.

Chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would assume so also but I'm not sure. I'm also going to be buying some heads so I can put the heads and turbo at once, any suggestions on cc size? How about the pro comp heads? I just read a mustang article and they claim with 210 pro comp heads, trickflow cam and 750cfm carb they managed 399fwhp. I don't know much about the pro comp.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would assume so also but I'm not sure. I'm also going to be buying some heads so I can put the heads and turbo at once, any suggestions on cc size? How about the pro comp heads? I just read a mustang article and they claim with 210 pro comp heads, trickflow cam and 750cfm carb they managed 399fwhp. I don't know much about the pro comp.
I have the Procomp 190cc heads on my Turbo car. I paid $425 for new heads, new Trick Flow RR and matching pushrods. If you subtract $290 for RR and $100 for Pushrods I got the heads for $35. In my opinion they are worth $35, maybe even a little more:)

However, if you a contemplating paying more than 400-500 for a complete set I would suggest you think twice. I put them on a 137k mile junkyard shortblock and installed it in my car so I could learn to tune it myself without having to worry about blowing up a new $5000 engine. If it lasts a few months I will be happy.

Unless you can get some Procomps for almost free I would suggest you save your money. Just buy a set of head studs and some 9333 Felpros and run what you've got. You can make enough HP with a set of E7's to break your stock 302 block.

If you've got your heart set on aluminum heads buy some that have a better history of lasting a long time. If you watch the classifieds here you will find some good deals. I just bought a set of Trick Flow heads for $600 from a corral member and they are bolt on ready.

PS. My Procomp combo made 345 rwhp and 385 tq w 4.5 psi from an On3 kit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Where should I mount the lmaf and bov?

What size tires should I run out back? On 15x8 draglites.(I was thinking 26x10)

And where should I tap into for my oil supply for the turbo?

Id appreciate any input. Thanks[/QUOTE]

i would get a blow threw maf then mount the bov before the maf.

i would run 28" tires or change your gear to 327. my car has 26" tire and 327 and i go threw the traps at 6100rmp

oil feed un screw the oil press sender and install a "T".

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to stick with the e7 heads for now then later down the road upgrade the block with a 347 and some nice heads. Will a 28inch tall tire fit a stock height fox? I'm just hoping to reach 420rwhp area with stock heads and shortblock:)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm going to stick with the e7 heads for now then later down the road upgrade the block with a 347 and some nice heads. Will a 28inch tall tire fit a stock height fox? I'm just hoping to reach 420rwhp area with stock heads and shortblock:)
I'd forget the 347 unless you are going with an aftermarket block. You will just break it in half with less boost than it will take to break your 302. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill run the turbo just with cam and intake manifold, see what it does. Then after upgrade later down the road to. A boss block or d.s.s

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have 28" tires on my 90Gt. They rub a little on the fenders when I pull in the driveway at an angle. I am going to get some new wheels w 5.5 BS. Should tuck in a little better.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think my draglites are 4.5bs...not too sure though
Mine are 4.5 and they rub with 275/50/15's and 275/60/15's. I have a thread on here as I have a second set of 4.5 BS draglites for sale. You can look up the thread and see how they fit the car. I would use a narrower tire, I think MT makes the ET street drag radial in a 255.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just put on some 27x8x15 hoosier slicks, I had to remove the quad shocks and run a spacer. What do u guys think of a 27inch tall tire wit 355 gears through a c4 with a 3100-3500 stall.
The turbo i originally got was a turbonetics turbo, doesnt say a/r size or anything, i measured it and it seems to be a 59-60m and it has the fittings for the oil supply BUT it also has two passage ways that look like coolant ran through the turbo? Any ideas what it can be?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts