Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys are doing the tune through the stock comp? Getting closer to putting my 67mm together and plan on just running 6 degrees timming and using fuel presure and a wideband to tune with! Just curious as to how many other people have used the stock comp and how it turned out?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
stock comp 95 Cobra with SCT chip...running well so far

·
Registered
223 Posts
What year Mustang are we talking about? I'm running the stock Computer on my 2001.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've built 2 turbo foxes now with no tuning at all, just adjustable fpr blow through maf and a wideband.... They'll do funky things occasionally but doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
800 rwhp on a stock ecu and SCT chip...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Btm and fuel regulator

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
if your in columbia, SC come see us to do the tuning!! We have tuned a number of the posters in this thread!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Do it right the first time and GET A TUNE. Tuning with FPR only is a hack (no pun intended here), and will in all likely hood lead to major issues down the road (VERY easy to blow a headgasket). There WILL be drivability issues, quirky behavior, starting issues etc. You will not be able to get a proper fuel curve down without a tune. It will be lean in some spots, and fat in others. Again, don’t cheap out here...as it's the single most important aspect of the entire combo.

A pro tune should only run ~$400-600 and keep everything running as if it were stock.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Do it right the first time and GET A TUNE. Tuning with FPR only is a hack (no pun intended here), and will in all likely hood lead to major issues down the road (VERY easy to blow a headgasket). There WILL be drivability issues, quirky behavior, starting issues etc. You will not be able to get a proper fuel curve down without a tune. It will be lean in some spots, and fat in others. Again, don’t cheap out here...as it's the single most important aspect of the entire combo.

A pro tune should only run ~$400-600 and keep everything running as if it were stock.
I agree with Millhouse. I did the no tune way for so many years and never got the car to move like I wanted. Then I did a tune. WOW. I'll never run a modded car without one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts