Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cartech ss with t64e and I'm running about 15psi. on a forged shortblock at 8.5to1 cr. I do have aluminum heads. My question is how much total timing do you think I can get away with at this psi and cr. I have my timing locked out by means of removing the spout and I have it set at about 18 degrees. Car runs real good like this. Really helps out the low rpm dog it was when it was out of boost. No signs of detination at 18 degrees. I am not running any type of btm. I know all cars are differnt and it is a trial and error type of thing. But I was just wondering how much total timing are you guy's getting away with. And one more thing. Would I be better off running more timing or more boost? Thanks for any help. -Jeff

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd put the timin up to like 20-22 if you can, i dont thing 25 is out of the question though, and then creep up on the boost

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superskwrl said:
I'd put the timin up to like 20-22 if you can, i dont thing 25 is out of the question though, and then creep up on the boost
Thanks for the info. I did pull that PMS like like you said and as of so far everything seems to be doing really good. Later. -Jeff

·
Registered
125 Posts
I NEVER have a flat timing curve in my turbo cars. It's no coincidence that most poorly tuned turbo cars end up spitting out gaskets well before redline with a flat or stock timing curve...

That being said, you should be able to see about 21-22 degrees total on 93 octane with that combo, but good luck getting there with a flat "locked" curve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts