Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at going turbo a 90's mustang. I'm thinking using an in-line mass air, a FMU, and that's about it. Or is there anyway I can have it tuned?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
you can have a chip burned for it

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Ditch the FMU idea and just get a big enough fuel systym !!

I run a PMAS pro tube/42#ers and a 255 high pressure intank pump.

I running with NO tune but I got lucky ! I suggest a dyno tune

what HP are looking to hit??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I run 42lb, 255 in tank, and pro tube maf. I use a tweecer for tuning. I tried just running the stock computer and locking timing, playing with fuel psi, etc. I didn't like it. Some are lucky, some aren't.

Do your self a favor and get it tuned by you or someone else.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I run 42lb, 255 in tank, and pro tube maf. I use a tweecer for tuning. I tried just running the stock computer and locking timing, playing with fuel psi, etc. I didn't like it. Some are lucky, some aren't.

Do your self a favor and get it tuned by you or someone else.

same exact setup but I got lucky lol. dont even lock timing, just run 8* base

how is the tweecer? is it as complex as it seems/everyone says? The car has run great for 2 years but I know it could be better cruise wise. The tweecer is about the same as a dyno tune Im just scared to jump as I can barely use a computer lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Alot of people are using the Quarterhorse now. It's datalogging rate is much faster than twEECer and it has the ability to make changes while the car is running.
Luke

·
Registered
451 Posts
Im very fresh to the EFI scene, not to mention the tuning end of things, so im going to get my feet wet on a SDS system for a bit, see how well i grasp things. Lotsa guys seem to be liking it, so we shall see. I needed to buy a maf, and eec anyways, and ill be into this sds for basically the same coin. Just made sense for me.
Coxy

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
If you don't want to get into tuning it yourself. Get rid of the FMU and have a chip burned on the dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts