Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting on3 kit but a local tuner said its almost 1000 bucks to burn a chip and tune it. I'm thinking of running low boost to save the trans. They said the msd/vortech just spikes the fuel pressure and is a caveman way of doing things. I don't really care as long as it works. This is my 3rd car so it will be rarely driven. Just looking to have some fun.
88 5.0 aod

·
Registered
248 Posts
Msd box works with timing. I personally never used one but have seen good results from people on net. What your thinking about with fuel is the vortech FMU. It's a boost referenced fuel pressure regular the ups the pressure when boost comes in , I had one on my last car, I don't recommend you get that.

Sent from my brain.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use the boost timing master from a old vortech kit! Running 15 degrees base timing and let the btm pull timming out! It works pretty good! As for the fmu I would stay away from that. Just get u a adjustable regulator and a wide band to get the a/f good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright. I already have a brand new wide band. Maybe after being all said and done dyno tuning is the same amount of money

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
most guys regularly charge 5-600 to tune a turbochatged car including burning a chip. Id look elsewhere

·
Registered
48 Posts
sorry for jacking the thread. I have an areomotive adj FPR that references boost (rising rate). . . are you guys saying not to use that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Anderson PMS is the way to go , uses a gm map sensor to pull out timing and a the tables are adjustable and it works great , no need to burn new chips and it's plug n play ......rev limiter, digital readings on intake air temp/timing/boost/engine temp .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts