Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a base line tuning set up 69mm ebay treadstone knock off with 3 cold pipe big front mount air to air intercooler 38mm evo waste gate 3.5 down pipe on a 95 cobra short block tfs heads tfs 1 cam tfs street intake 70mm tb 42lb injectors aeromotive reg 255 holey forcefed pump with trex pump
msd 6al2 msd dizzy ngk fr5 plugs since i currnetly have snow outside was un able to test drive was able to spin tires in drive way and flashed 5lbs of boost wich is what my wastegate sping is set for had afr 9.8 to 10.5 on wideband and currently have e85 in the tank but planing on going to 91 pump gas i using stock computer with the svo extender and reason i runing low boost to see if i will be able to tune this set up with what i have and if i can tune this set up and able to up the boost to 10 to 15 then will upgrade the my turbo kit to on3 for a 351 set up just wondering if my approch is a possible way of tuning since i have no realy tuners with in my area so doing it my self and hoping i have safe tune so far
currently have 22 base timing spout out 60 psi fuel with a fmu at 14/1 base have a svo afr/rpm extender set at 10.5 tps set at .98

·
Registered
452 Posts
you wont need that fmu take that off. set your fuel at 41 with vacuum line off. a/f should be around 11.5. not sure if u mentioned are you running a tuner or are you just setting the dizzy? a good base line is 18* @ 10psi.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no tuner but have a svo rpm extender that also has afr settings runing spout out on timing still have some snow and ice on roads so unable to drive for a few days if no more storms come threw

·
Registered
452 Posts
let me check with a friend but i dont think you will need to run with the pill out just adjust your base timing to allow for the factory advance. when tuning just keep a close eye on the wide band. is the fuel regulator you have a 1 to1? if so it will be fine on fuel with out the fmu. im runninganderson pms with 42s, 255 in tank, kirban reg set at 41psi, and i still have to pull some fuel to keep my af around 11.5

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
latest update still at 10:5 to 10:1 afr at 8lbs of boost unhooked the fmu fuel 55psi with line off 20deg of timing spout out afr on svo computer is set at 11.2 afr i am on e85 wondering if i add some timing if it can lean it up some that way
did get to 11:1 afr during the day with this tune temp outside was 55sh the last run was at night and was like 30sh could the colder air be making a rich afr the power is crazy not 2nd gear rolls pulling the tires way more power than my n/a 12.9 at 114 run 2.45 60foot i am also at 6500 alt street tire now have a mt slick on it tires are hooking good

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turned down to 50psi on the fuel and have svo afr at 11.5 runs great 14.7 afr at idle 12afr at no boost 11.5afr going in to boost and droping to 11afr under full boost 8lbs only done 2cnd and 3rd gear pulls lame k&n screw in breather leaks a little oil
thanks again for all the info gona try this out for a bit before turning the boost up more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts