Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,had my car tuned using SCT chip...it runs much better than before.....but, there is always a "but"... Every time the engine is turned off,and restarted,it will run fine for a few mins.....then will peg my wideband gauge rich(like anywhere from 10-10.5) the car will not idle good like this,and needs to be kept running.Does this hot or cold doesnt seem to matter. Now...after a period of time.........could be 2mins-5,6,7..mins...it will all of a sudden "get it",and a/f will stabilise in the 13.5-14.5 range,after this the car will idle and drive great,until it is shut off again..........then we go through the whole process again.Have talked to the tuner,and he says there doesnt look like there is anything in the tune to cause this...it almost like the car has to "relearn" itself every time the key is turned off, or the A9L is working against the tune??.............Anybody have any ideas,what to check,test, etc ........(other than the obvious..constant power to pin #1...switched power pin #'s 37 and 57.....grounds at the ecu)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any suggestions..............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the mods are in my sig.........it is a Pro M maf which I bought brand new just before my tune.It is getting to be really annoying......????

·
Banned
632 Posts
get the tuner to go into the MAF transfer function and anything under 1 volt multiply by .95 and then reburn the chip and see if that makes it any better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts