Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long time since I posted one of my stupid questions, so yall go easy on me. Since I ruined a decent 83 notch about 5 years ago building my DIY all junkyard tt set up,I have basically broken everything on the car. Im sure all of you who do things the right way dont have these problems. But, What is going to happen if I have to oversize the bore with my tiny little t-bird turbos. How much cid can they actually support? I know somebody has tried them on a other than standard bore block before. Thanks

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Are you talking 306 or 347? I would say on a 306 they will be fine. With a 347, you will be at about 65% efficiency at 4800 rpm and dropping fast.
I run the IHIs and the work nicely. Low end is unbelievable. Over all I get a good bit of torque but only about 420 hp with a stockish motor and 11 psi.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure it is going to take .060 to reuse my block with stock rotating assembly. I am guessing that would be a 306. thanks erich

·
Registered
269 Posts
its more than that .030 on a 302 is a 306 i belive
stroke is where you get the big cubes like 331 and 347 but im not an expert by any means

1 - 4 of 4 Posts