Ford Mustang Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
They are vr. I dont know anything about MS systems.
In the attached log pic I had it also set to pull dome pressure along with timing.
You can see in the graph the tires were spinning pretty good in the log.
Did you need to pull dome pressure or just a precaution? How much boost was it programmed for? I see that it pulled boost down to around 12psi but I don't know how much boost it's programmed to run.

I'm concerned that I may also need to do this but not sure at this time how to wire it up since I use Eboost2 for boost control. I run 14* max timing and 32psi and I'm not sure that the TC can pull enough timing/boost to get the tires to grab. On WG springs alone it makes 840hp so it seems to me that it would have to pull a LOT of timing to get traction... Thoughts?

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
It shows in the pic I posted. traction dome -10psi
I have 8lb springs in my gates. With 0psi on the dome it makes 9psi. My set up is basically 1:1 with dome pressure. I was just trying something different with it pulling boost. Why are you not using the MSPro to control the boost and also use smaller springs in wastegates?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Gotcha.... I'm impressed by how your system works, you got it rockin' damn good!

I tried several lighter springs but they wouldn't get me much above 27psi and I was planning to run up to 35psi if needed.

The Eboost was already installed and since it worked I just left it in. Also, the MS doesn't allow boost changes on the fly, I need to connect my laptop to it. I'm sure there is something I can buy ($$) to allow changes on the fly but at the time I was installing the MS I wasn't comfortable rewiring/redoing what already worked. I simply wanted the motor running again.

Tonight I made a bracket to mount a Hall Effect sensor where the front ABS sensor was. It will read the wheel studs. The rear bracket may be difficult b/c there isn't much back there to attach a bracket too.

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Winter upgrades. I removed the 10-point MS cage. Must have been some thick steel. Car went from weighing 2998lbs to 2778lbs.
I going to have a chromoly 25.5 cage installed. Then I lost another 36lbs by swapping my dual stock caliper rear brake setup to an
Aerospace single 4 piston rear caliper setup.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Wow.. Been wondering what you've been up to and it looks like you have been PLENTY busy.. Keep posting pics when you get time..

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I made this panel so I can clean up my wiring behind the dash. Everything works, but it's a mess.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Side Track for a moment if you don't mind: How did you do the turbo drains?
I had major issues last Fall with drain issues so now I am removing the scavenge pump completely and installing -16 steel drain lines for each turbo that go right into the pan. Since your turbos are located where mine are I was curious what you were using to get the oil back to the pan and what size lines?

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I have always had -10 lines and ran them straight to the pump.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
That's what I was running except from the pump all I could use was a -8 to the pan. I tried the EXA Mini for a few years then stepped up to their big pump but still wouldn't work. Started spewing oil into the exhaust within 3 blocks. Hopefully these -16 lines will drain to the pan w/o issues.. Thnx for that pic!

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I also run a Turbo Smart oil pressure regulator now. The regulator is supposed to be pre-set for 40psi.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I run a Peterson regulator. When I had the EXA Mini the oil psi to the turbos was regulated to 8psi-12psi and driving around town this worked perfectly. But under WOT it would eventually start blowing oil out the pipes on the top end. I thought the issue was the turbo seals so had them rebuilt. He said the turbos looked brand new internally but he said I should be running 25psi min. So I bought the big EXA pump and bumped it to 25psi and 3 blocks later it was blowing oil again. So I removed it and now it has -16 drains running straight down to the pan but it's not done yet..

ks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sure sounds like you have too much pressure at the turbos. My PTE 6466's have the factory restrictors. I was told they would be fine and I didnt need to add any other restrictor. Well when I first started fired it up is took only about 15 seconds and started filling my garage with smoke. So, I added the regulator and it's been fine even at 8200rpm. So, I dont know if your turbos have an internal restrictor, but doesnt sound like it. It also sounds like your regulator increases the pressure with rpm. Mine only allows 40psi.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I thought that too and tried three different gauges including buying two brand new ones just to test the psi to the turbos but even at 5000rpm the psi never went above 15. Someone even convinced me that the S-pump was wired backwards.. THAT was the wrong thing to try.. All that's left is the -8 line from the S-pump to the pan being too restrictive.
Anyway, sorry to sidetrack your build thread.. Carry on.. ;)

ks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I thought that too and tried three different gauges including buying two brand new ones just to test the psi to the turbos but even at 5000rpm the psi never went above 15. Someone even convinced me that the S-pump was wired backwards.. THAT was the wrong thing to try.. All that's left is the -8 line from the S-pump to the pan being too restrictive.
Anyway, sorry to sidetrack your build thread.. Carry on.. ;)

ks
I made this panel so I can clean up my wiring behind the dash. Everything works, but it's a mess. View attachment 1056236 View attachment 1056237
Where did you buy the terminal boards/ fuse block and jumpers?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

121 - 135 of 135 Posts