Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my lsu 4.9 aem wideband reading has been deteriorating lately and I went ahead and spent the 100 bucks on a replacement. Just on a whim I tried to clean the old sensor in my ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and heavy duty simple green and it revived the sensor, so now I have an extra just in case I guess.

For what it's worth, the sensor is 4 years old and I haven't run any leaded gas. Also I didn't take any pictures since I didn't expect it to work...

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
What do you mean it "revived the sensor"?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have only been getting 200 miles out of the LSU 4.9 sensors before they go bad. I never considered cleaning them. May have to try that on one of them and see if it does anything.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I have only been getting 200 miles out of the LSU 4.9 sensors before they go bad. I never considered cleaning them. May have to try that on one of them and see if it does anything.
If your only getting 200 miles in a 02 sensor something is wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same. never thought of cleaning it but maybe tomorrow I can since I don't have any excuses since I'm stuck in our home.

·
Premium Member
2,449 Posts
I have 5 years of use out of my wideband. I have run C-16, Q-16 and E-85 through the engine and it still works just fine.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
I've had a bosch wideband in my car for about 7,000 miles now. Never a single issue.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Had a Bosch 02 for 10 years, 10,000 miles. Never a hiccup. Ran pump, e85 and meth. Recently installed second wb. Went with NTK sensors. Appears they are even more durable.
How close is the sensor to the exhaust port? They don't like, nor need a lot of heat. Moisture is a big no-no also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts