Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm here in Texas and its getting hot! I have a blanket and exhaust wrap but engine bay still gets scorching hot.
Any tips?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Drive faster. Jk turbo cars run hot, that's what they do man. You could try putting wrap on the headers if you havent done that already, but it sounds like you've done all you can do now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drive faster. Jk turbo cars run hot, that's what they do man. You could try putting wrap on the headers if you havent done that already, but it sounds like you've done all you can do now.
Thanks man I hear you can lift the back of the Hood a bit with washers but its pretty ricer looking

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car got up to the 'm' on my temp gauge getting kind of worried It happens only when at a stop but I think if I'm sitting long enough it'll keep raising

·
Registered
317 Posts
Taking inner fender wheel wells out.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi temp coat all exhuast piping and headers. Wrap up and down pipes in the engine bay. Install a heat extractor in the hood just aft of the radiator. SLightly cooler t-stat and water cool the turbo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi temp coat all exhuast piping and headers. Wrap up and down pipes in the engine bay. Install a heat extractor in the hood just aft of the radiator. SLightly cooler t-stat and water cool the turbo.
I have a bone stock cooling system other then a 180 thermo and 1 water wetter
Going to take the inner wheel well out. Explian the heat extractor and water cooled Turbo please

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would get an aftermarket aluminum radiator and either a single electric fan or dual, your choice. Try to find one that pulls much air as possible. I think some are in the 3000+ cfm range.

Install a 160 thermostat or take the thermostat out and install a restrictor

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow man I thought you were just talkin about the underhood temps not the engine temp. Yup alum rad mark 8 fan and a 160 t stat should take care of it. I know just the fan on mine helps keep my car super cool.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has a stock electric fan ill look for a upgraded version. Both engine bay and motor giving me trouble

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK so I'm gonna call some junk yards and look for a markviii fan anything in particular I should be ready for when intstalling

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow what a difference I removed the weather striping from the Hood on the firewall and opened my downpipe car never touched the "m" I think those knock off flows I'm running is keeping to much backpressure and heating the joint up. Also car is running mean as hell open d/p

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Be careful with wrapping headers, it can cause them to crack.

Wrap the downpipe and cross over pipe and use a turbo blanket.

Carefully inspect things you can do to unshroud the radiator.

You will likely need an upgraded alternator with that big fan, keep that in mind.

Yes, limiting backpressure will make more power and should keep heat out of turbo and downpipe.

Having a tune that is off can make the car runner hotter then needed, particularly when you look at part throttle driveability.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts