Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know what happened to my original post, so here goes again.

I am picking up a triax tomorrow from Dallas Mustang. My question is, Does the triax lean toward the driver's seat like the stock shifter? Are the shifts rougher or smoother on these new trannys? I have used one on a 95 before, but never on a newer gt. Any install tips would be great! I am ASSuming it is pretty straightforward.

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup it still leans to the driver side. I cant answer the smoothness compared to stock, cause i forgot how mine felt stock. It is alot more precise, and isnt rough at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much shorter is the new triax handle than the stock one?

Does the pro 5.0 shifter lean the same as well? I know the handle for the pro5.0 is shorter than stock.

I'm having last minute debates on which one I want!

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was worried too. Put it on the shortest setting and it wont be too short. It shifts more precise, more mechanical. Your shifts will be a little more deliberate. Third is just slam it straight up. I love it. Put all your stock boots back on though. I put the boot then the washer and then the outer boot. You will see what I mean when you put it on. Good luck

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Here's a picture of mine...you can compare this to yours...mine is set on the lower setting and it's much more comfortable than the stock one...I can rest my elbow on my armrest and shift now where before I had to raise my arm up to shift...it's in 1st gear in this picture...I love my Tri-ax...like night and day compared to the stocker...the tranny is a little more noisy now but turn up the radio and get some exhaust and you don't hear it...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have mine on the shortest setting and it feels a little stiffer than the stock one did but you get used to it quickly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I picked it up at lunch today and put it on as soon as I got back to the shop. I have it on the short setting. Like 2001 Geee T said, it is a bit stiffer than stock, but not bad at all. The install was really easy, and I am not a tranny guy at the shop, this was my first time messing with the shifter. I am VERY happy with this mod!

Thanks for the info!

Later,
Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts