Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody here in the NY/NJ/PA (or any other drivable distance) area interested in meeting up at a local track early in the summer for some fun and games to see which group has the faster cars?

It could all be in good fun and include a few beverages and burgers.

Would be great to get some good clean competition going on between the two friendly factions.

...and its not just about the turbo kit, it will be to test and compare the different combinations, turbo kit, motor, car setups and overall engineering...

Since there is so much fun dialogue about turbo kits around here making the competition around type of kit is a good way of making fun out of it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
if my car is done im down. but i dont thing thats gona prove what to get unless you have 2 of the exact same cars with exact same mods and exact same drivers makeing the same HP. theirs so many things that have to match up that it wont give you any real info. but if you just want a bunch of turbo mustang to show up at the track and have a tailgate party and have a good time count me in! so ya im also gona add this, i say we have it at ATCO cause the track is better and 30 mins from my house , LOL.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Atco is further for me, but I think it will be an easier track to do something like this at.

Lets see who else is interested and maybe we can throw some dates around.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
I would be up for that, I dont know why it would have anything to do with which kit to spend your money on? Its basically a matter of who spent the money on supporting mods but if its not turned into something like that, I would be down and support doing this. Im still waiting on some motor parts and other things to get my car together but depending on how soon it was put together, I would make the trip with a few cars

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be up for that, I dont know why it would have anything to do with which kit to spend your money on? Its basically a matter of who spent the money on supporting mods but if its not turned into something like that, I would be down and support doing this. Im still waiting on some motor parts and other things to get my car together but depending on how soon it was put together, I would make the trip with a few cars
I will tweak the wording. You are right, the test is not just about the turbo kit, but rather a test of the total combination, the engineering and the driving. The rapidly growing number of turbo mustangs allow completely streetable cars to make the power that used to be full race car territory.

I will do a little research on how to do this. I'm not the biggest fan of renting the whole track with a small number of cars because traction is difficult when you aren't making enough passes to keep the track warm. A couple of hours of time on a normal track day would probably be better since we would be dealing with mostly fast cars.

June may be a good timeframe between the local mustang races and gives everybody time to keep working on their projects...

I will do some recon and get back...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm in mike. I have a Cartech kit but it could be
The world vs on3

·
Registered
747 Posts
any steet night at atco is fine. we can all set up in the back pit area where nobody is and then roll into the stageing lanes all at once. makes it simple.

Welcome to the home of Atco Raceway - It's all about the Speed!!

i was looking at thursday may 14th the day befor the NMRA race. theres bound to be a TON of fast stangs out their and you will have some of the big names testing that night too so the track prep will be great!

·
Registered
747 Posts
it would be great if you made it out. we could put a face to the company and see diff On3 cars all run down the track.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any steet night at atco is fine. we can all set up in the back pit area where nobody is and then roll into the stageing lanes all at once. makes it simple.

Welcome to the home of Atco Raceway - It's all about the Speed!!

i was looking at thursday may 14th the day befor the NMRA race. theres bound to be a TON of fast stangs out their and you will have some of the big names testing that night too so the track prep will be great!
May 12 is the Thursday before the race. May 14th is the Saturday. You are right, the track will be prepped well and there will likely be a lot of cars there already for the weekend.

I will have a tough time being able to "play" that night because NMRA races are game time for us and we will likely have 4-5 cars that will be in competition that weekend. Normally late in the week we have a long list of things that we are getting tied up and ready.

If everybody gets a group of cars together and wants to do it that night I won't argue, but it means the guy starting the trouble may not be able to participate.

This small smack talk thread has been very light compared to the smack talk going on for True Street at Atco....I'm working my tail off making small adjustments to get ready for that race and would suggest that anybody with a real street car come out for that race on Saturday 5/14, it is a great time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I might be in if I get it together. I have an HP kit. The car is torn apart right now and I have to remodel the bathroom to "pay" for the new engine and trans before I can put them in :D.

·
Registered
747 Posts
ya that was a typo. i ment the tursday befor. but ill deff be their for truestreet this year if i can get my car running. but i wont be going for the #1 title but more along the lines of low 11 sec winner. IF i can get it running. LOL

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Im building a car to just go out and run the true street events but just have had so many delays I dont know if Ill have it ready in time. If this does happen, Ill try to bring something out to run around with

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can't change the titles on this board, but if this shifts into a turbo car gathering of all types it would be great.

Lets keep this thread "brewing", anybody at NMRA True Street at Atco can get introduced and lets set a night after that.

Cool?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts