Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this kit on ebay (hot side only) and I wanted to know if anyone has used it. Let me know what you guys think.

·
4,305 Posts
There are a couple of guys on here using them. One guy I think earlier this year was posting about his experience and I believe it was all positive. If memory serves me right it is a copy of the early designed B&G kit and a lot of people will not go with Treadstone for that very reason.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I like Treadstone for the most part.

Couple of guys running that kit seem to like.

Brian at B&G the guy it was originally stolen from by Vecco has
said the kit had major cracking issues in the R&D phase and was scrapped
for that reason.

Theres a thread on turbomustangs.com about it somewhere under the Vecco name.

·
4,305 Posts
Yeah, he also says it will have cracking issues because of the material being used. I have seen several people state they have them without any of those issues Brian claims it will have. That was a kit B&G sold though not something scapped in R&D, it is one of the original designs they used.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Been running it for about 2 years now with no cracking issues.

The only complaint I have is after 2 days they really dont look as nice as before the car is ran lol lol

Oh and a few of the header bolts are a real pain.

I was told by Brian at B&G NOT to run the bracket that runs from the headers to the block to stop the cracking issue. He also told me that Vecco stole the design from him and he was pretty pissed about it.

boost creep can be a issue with them too due to the small wastegate IF your trying to run low boost. With a 9 psi spring I hit 10 psi and it holds for a while but in the higher gears/RPMs it creeps up to 12psi

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been running it for about 2 years now with no cracking issues.

The only complaint I have is after 2 days they really dont look as nice as before the car is ran lol lol

Oh and a few of the header bolts are a real pain.

I was told by Brian at B&G NOT to run the bracket that runs from the headers to the block to stop the cracking issue. He also told me that Vecco stole the design from him and he was pretty pissed about it.

boost creep can be a issue with them too due to the small wastegate IF your trying to run low boost. With a 9 psi spring I hit 10 psi and it holds for a while but in the higher gears/RPMs it creeps up to 12psi

Can you post some pics so I can check out your setup?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I appreciate it! What do you like and dislike about the kit? Also, do you have to lose any accesories with the kit?

I liked the finish but that dosent matter after some time anyway lol
I like I could order them and have them in a week.

I REALLY like the fact its one of the few kits that run the wastegate back into the doownpipe!!!

I dont like the "smallish" WG and the mounting of the WG to the DP or rather the connection style, slip fit lol

I had to lose A/C and use a FMS A/C delete that moves the power steering up.. the smog stuff has to go too but mine was allreay long gone lol.

Thats about all I can think of

1 - 12 of 12 Posts