Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 mustang gt and would like to swap my auto 5 spd. for manual set-up. My car has 3600 miles on it. I'm pretty sure we would have to exchange computers, radiators, lines, plugged sections of wiring harness, and of course, the related tranny parts. I'm not in a hurry to do this, so we could work out any plan to make swap.

·
Registered
287 Posts
All I have is ther tranny itself. I was going to do somethings but changed my mind. The tranny has over 5,000 miles on it. shifts fine before taken out. Tranny is located @ Ft. Riley. Am currently in Iraq. If in no hurry, just let me know if interested.

Chad

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm going to eventually upgrade to a t-56.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
http://www.ddperformance.com/ YOU SHOULD GO HERE AND CONNTACT THESE PEOPLE THEY WILL TELL U EVERYTHING U NEED TO DO TO COMPLETE YOUR SWAP. I UPGRADED MY 93 COBRA TO A T56 6 SPD VIPER RATIO . I HAD TO BUY A CONVERSION KIT TO MAKE IT WORK . YOU WILL PROBALLY NEED TRANS WIRING HARNESS.AND EVERYTHING FROM THE BACK OF THE MOTOR BLOCK TO THE REAREND . IF THE CAR IS A AUTOMATIC YOU MIGHT NEED A CLUTCH PEDAL ASSEMBLY GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called D&D Performance, they do not do auto to manual swaps or sales of kits to convert an auto to a manual. AMP Performance does do the swaps, but they have not completed the research on the details as of now.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are you? A wise ass? I already own the car and I do not consider a day or two in the garage " trouble ".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts