Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Mustang with a th400 in the car with a Jw bell housing. I need to get a transmission shield or blanket. My engine builder was saying that the blankets really hold the heat in. My question will a shield fit with the tunnel or am I stuck with the blanket. What would you guys recommend.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
id suggest a SFI case... the TH400 is big enough doubt you will fit a 400 and a shield in the stock tunnel

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SFi Case

Thanks summit universal blanket it is. Maybe I will get a case down the road when it needs to be serviced. I have been racing it for three years and no one ever said anything but I am doing index racing this year and I had to put on an engine diaper so I figure they are probably going to look at transmission at this point too when they look underneath.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Thanks summit universal blanket it is. Maybe I will get a case down the road when it needs to be serviced. I have been racing it for three years and no one ever said anything but I am doing index racing this year and I had to put on an engine diaper so I figure they are probably going to look at transmission at this point too when they look underneath.
diapers are never a bad idea! if you have an air hammer and a blunt bit for it you can make quick work of making room in the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
th400

With my luck ill make a hole in the floor. I ordered the blanket last night and see what happens and next time it comes out for service I will look for a used aftermarket case 400 and get it freshened.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Air Hammer

With that I probably would not. Have you tried to install a shield before or do you just get the case right away? I looked for pics and I could not find anything or anyone with a th400 installed with a shield or blanket. Do alot of people just not use them?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i personally dont know a single person running a shield everyone i know runs a case. we just put a M&M 2 speed 400 in the X car the other day and its a TIGHT fit. we have the motor hung a bit lower and we still had to clearance around the the lines off the trans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts