Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 347 turbo motor with a boss block, aluminum heads, system max intake(the whole 9 yards). (The same setup with same engine components were dyno at 560rwhp on 10lbs, dyno shop stated he wasn't scared to go to 700 with supporting fueling) was looking for around 600rwhp. My question is what transmission would be the best. I already have a supercharged fox with a T5, so I'm kinda interested in an auto. I have found a great deal on a C6, but wonder about the weight and power to operate.
I should also say this car will only be a monthly driver maybe 500 miles a year (I know this is stupid) absolutely no track time or hard launches. Just a lil fun street car.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
C6 are tough but large and heavy and soak up a lot of power. A well built c4 would be fine

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nothing wrong with a C4/C5 at that power level.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My question is what transmission would be the best.

Any advice would be appreciated.
The best? That's subjective, but if you want internet opinions, here is mine.

SFI case Powerglide with a GearVendors overdrive. 2-button TCI Outlaw sifter in the cigarette ashtray. Button 1 for the OD, second button for the trans brake tied to the 2-step.

That's the combo I run, so obviously there is some bias as to "best."
From that I run a Mark Williams TH400 slip yoke off the GV, to a Mark Williams 7075 Accubond drive shaft to a Mark Williams 8.8 1350 pinion yoke.
That junk is all rated to 3,500hp so i don't have that to worry about in the back of my mind.

That's the best in my humble opinion. It wasn't cheap though. Your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
C-6 will do just fine. A lot people are ignorant about C6s and only go off things they have heard or read. C6 aint the popular thing to do so not many people would suggest one. A C6 vs Turbo400 stock vs stock use up about the same amount of HP etc.. ! With A C-6 you can grow and use Ford parts with out major changes. The advantage for the power glide and turbo make a great combo. The Glide works really well in Drag applications and some street use. With that said... C4 will last under that power but I would not say No to a good C6.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I love my C6. It's a TCI Super Street Fighter with a reverse manual valve body and a PTC Converter..... I beat the balls off of it and it never gives anything but fun.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I ran a C6 with all the Motorsport parts for years and years in a low 9 second car and never did a thing to it. It was slower than a lenco in the car, but it was way more reliable.

Reactions: 895point0

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks. This is not a stock c6. It was ordered with all the goodies. Transbrake installed already, 3000 stall, Sfi flywheel... Pretty much brand new. Car was driven for a weekend and didn't like it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my C6. It's a TCI Super Street Fighter with a reverse manual valve body and a PTC Converter..... I beat the balls off of it and it never gives anything but fun.
Thanks. This C6 has the reverse manual VB with a trans brake installed.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I do not have a turbo but my AOD hold up fine. It was built by TSI and it is bulletproof. I have a blower on my car

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've got a C4 (fresh rebuild), 0miles... I changed into a glide (2500hp rated)...

My C4 is built to handle around 800hp... If intrested I can sale it to you.?

I've got flywheel, shifter, brake, tranny is 100%complete, EVERYTHING needed... (Minus converter)... I traded my PTC converter back to them for my glide converter build!

Anyways, if intrested... I can make u a good deal. Shoot me a PM...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
if I ever get tired of shifting or if I want to go fast, I'm going with a 4r70w.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts