Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2 step and my transbrake wired on the same switch.
Transbrake stalls at like 3800, people have told me to set my 2step a couple hundred rpm lower than my brake... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Usually its 500-1000 below true stall speed. Testing will tell you where she wants to be.
What he said..... I've run mine anywhere from 300 to 1500 rpm under my max brake stall. lower rpm flashes the converter more and highter rpm hits the tires harder. I've found on my car with M/T D/R's that about 1000 rpm is about right. On the slicks about 600." Your results may vary" ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
you said turbo right if so i would put it on the brake and build boost if the tires will hold it otherwise you ain't getting all it has :D

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes turbo, thats why I was kinda wondering because the higher I get the better chance I have of being full boost... guess I will just have to play around

·
Registered
386 Posts
Couple issues to consider, if you stay on the brake long enough to build any real boost think about how much heat you are putting in your trans. Its like 100 degrees every second while on the brake

I would just footbrake it to build max boost, that worked best for me.

Just my opinion.

I also noticed my stall is 4600 but the car sixtys terrible when I set the two step at anything below 5400. I know that does not make a lick of sense but Im getting 1.36 sixtys that way. If I drop it down it just bogs.

The answer...Test Test Test. See what works for you cause that rule of setting your two step a few hundred lower didnt work at all for me at all.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Couple issues to consider, if you stay on the brake long enough to build any real boost think about how much heat you are putting in your trans......

Hope ya have a good trans cooler. Turbos can/will build a TON of heat in the trans especially if it builds a lot of boost while on the brake. What kind of trans is it?

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aode, have the biggest cooler they make on the car but I dont have a temp gauge.. prolly gonna get one soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts