Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on where and how to mount my B&M 70266 trans cooler in turbo cars . Thanks in advance. BTW I also bought 8" fan for trans cooler.

·
Registered
747 Posts
im thinking the same thing with my build as i just bought a C4 for the car. I dont want to mount the cooler to the Intercooler and i dont think ill have enough room to run it near the top of the rad. so im gona look at the back of the car and check the mounting options near the rear bumper. then again i have a fox car with cobra bumper with no rear bumper support so thers a big empty space.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no space , might have to relook to see any free space.

·
Registered
747 Posts
maybe check the inside of the fender area and fab up some mounting brackets.

·
Registered
353 Posts
on my 98 gt i was able to mount mine behind the pass side fog light but that was before i was turboed. IM going to mount it in the muffler spot at the rear of the car since im running single exhaust now. lots of room there and with the fan it will have enought air flow.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm running the same cooler with my AOD.

·
Registered
711 Posts
im thinking the same thing with my build as i just bought a C4 for the car. I dont want to mount the cooler to the Intercooler and i dont think ill have enough room to run it near the top of the rad. so im gona look at the back of the car and check the mounting options near the rear bumper. then again i have a fox car with cobra bumper with no rear bumper support so thers a big empty space.

You'll have plenty of room for the cooler; it just takes some gentle massage of the lower nose to fit the IC pipes.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Where did you get the braided line kit? I'm getting ready to install a c4 in my turbo car. I have the cooler but need the lines and fittings.

Need some advice on where and how to mount my B&M 70266 trans cooler in turbo cars . Thanks in advance. BTW I also bought 8" fan for trans cooler.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used Summit brand press lock hose and fittings. Been using it this way for two years and no problems. Much better cost than braided but doesn't look as cool.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just did a th400 swap on my hellion 2v 02gt and i used a b&m hi-tek cooler with fan and mounted it inside the driver side from bumper cover. used 20' of hose to reach as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
any thought of under the driver seat on foxbody with sub frames and low profile fan is where i am goign to try and mount and it will be closer to the trany i got a haden with fan on it

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I mounted mine to the front of my intercooler

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have that exact cooler on the front of my car, between the radiator and the intercooler. Just be aware that the more you obstruct air going through the radiator the more challenging it is going to be to cool the car.

I have another cooler in my garage with a fan and temp switch setup that I plan to mount where the stock drivers muffler is to get it out of the way.

I run a fuel cooler also because of the amount I street drive the car and plan to move that to the fender well.

There is a cost to blocking airflow through the radiator.

These turbo cars create a MASSIVE amount of heat under the hood.

If I did it again, I would put as little as possible obstructing the radiator...just my $0.02

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
One more thing...C4's are funny with transversely mounted trans coolers. If you put the in and out backwards (top vs. bottom) it makes the trans fluid frothy and expel more then normal out of the vent.

I don't remember which way is which but I was spraying a crazy amount out of my C4 until I fixed it.

Before you put the C4 in, pull that vent out and put 1/4 nylon line to a small catch can. The pressure in these things under high hp is enough to spray fluid out badly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts